noob looking for c+c

caged

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have absolutely no formal training. lol.
these are the original shots with only b+w done in camera.
i still need to install my ps cs2 on my laptop.

DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1198.jpg

CSC_1324.jpg

thanks in advance

for the first photo id say look into a different composition and/or use the rule of thirds. It seems to lack a specific subject (to me at least)

the second photo is good but could use just a tad bit of work in PS to darken it just a tad and add a little contrast. also the rule of thirds could come into play here as well. What ISO where you shooting at?

the third picture seems a bit to "busy" to me and draws my eyes all over the place but that could just be me.

you are definitely on the right track though. Just keep shootin

1) overexposed
2) try not to center subject..lighting is off
3) this one has potential...not bad

thanks, first one iso was 400 (f/11, 1/500 sec.)
second one iso was 1600 (f/8, 1/100 sec.)
third iso was 100 (f/3.5, 1/60 sec.)

i didn't use my speedflash for these.

#1 Exposure looks good to me on my monitor. I really like the story being told by this shot! The only thing I would try to change is to either crop, or try a reshoot at a different angle to use the rule of thirds. I really like it though!

#2 No sharp point of focus, subject is centered, noisy. The noise and lack of focus cause a reaction in my finger that scrolls down past it.

#3 A little underexposed maybe. I do like what's going on with the lines in the shot though. If it's possible I'd go back to this location with a model, or some interesting object and set it in the intersecion of all those lines, then get some really sharp focus and a deep DOF so all the lines lead right to your subject.

yes bus rider, that does look much cleaner.
this is actually one of my earlier shots with the camera, but that does give me an idea about cropping.
thanks.

and lazy photographer, this is Goldie Mill in guelph. but elora is beautiful, maybe i'll head there next.
thanks for the comments.

cheers.

try and keep your ISO as low as possible for sharper cleaner pictures :thumbup:

the second set is nice, but the sky is really boring. Iknow, not in your control. But go and take the same pictures on a day where the sky is full of rolling clouds, and itll make the pictures much better, and add some depth to them.

Most reactions

Back