Noob mistake! :(

Bummer! Better luck next time ... ;)
I can guarantee that will never happen again!

You know .. We all learn from mistake. Who will not make mistake anyway.. At least, I am sure next time, for a $20000 photography job, you will not make this mistake again. So positive thinking wise, you should be glad that the cost of learning this mistake is low.
If i had a $20000 job, i wouldnt make any mistakes. :lmao:

I've often wondered this, but what on earth is a baby shower?

My wife and I just had one of these deals.

Men were involved, we rented a pavilion on the beach, grilled food, drank lots of beer and had a grand old time. And we got free stuff, it was fantastic.

As for the topic, thats terrible. Things happen, Im sure you'll be extra careful now!

Dude, that sucks. Why were you shooting with any filter on inside?

Bummer! Better luck next time ... ;)
I can guarantee that will never happen again!

This is great that this happened. Think about it. I can guarantee you will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS know exactly what filter is on the front of your camera for the rest of your life.

Its a total bummer it had to happen at one of those "once-in-a-lifetime" events, but its not a total wash. You did learn something, albeit the hard way.

Be positive about it since you cannot go back and redo it. You did learn something, and that's a good thing.

I did the same thing when I started setting up for a recent dance recital. Couldn't understand why I had such a low shutter speed while at f2.8 and iso 3000something and thats on the 5dm2. I then realized that the day prior I was outside with my 70-200 shooting landscapes and never switched off the polarizer back to the uv filter!

It happens, luckily though for me I figured it out before things started.

As much as I feel my UV filters to be pointless, as I generally take good care of the lenses... I still want to get a CPL filter. Yet, wasn't your filter something that can be replaced by processing nowadays?

Any pics for us to see? Maybe they're not AS bad as you judge them to be you know? We're usually our own worst critics.

I've often wondered this, but what on earth is a baby shower?

babies falling from the sky...

Men run in terror while women coo and break out these giant butterfly nets.

As much as I feel my UV filters to be pointless, as I generally take good care of the lenses... I still want to get a CPL filter. Yet, wasn't your filter something that can be replaced by processing nowadays?

Any pics for us to see? Maybe they're not AS bad as you judge them to be you know? We're usually our own worst critics.

Yes, here is the link. Mind you that these are unedited pics and sorry for the facebook link. This was the only place I thought of uploading the pics to. BTW, there are over 140 pics.

Armando Toledo's Photos - Maria Baby Shower | Facebook

They're not...that bad.

You can still put them in a photo album and treasure the memories. Its just not super-sharp.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Yes, here is the link. Mind you that these are unedited pics and sorry for the facebook link. This was the only place I thought of uploading the pics to. BTW, there are over 140 pics.

Armando Toledo's Photos - Maria Baby Shower | Facebook

Oh, I'd be willing to bet you money they wouldn't even notice the softness. That's pretty minor. I've seen way worse pictures that people absolutely gushed over.

If pressed, you could also just as easily say that you used a softening filter to give it more of a lovey-dovey romantic feel to it. (no, I'm not kidding... I don't know that I would say it, but I know photogs that would actually use such a filter deliberately... so why not?)

EDIT: btw, obviously I'm not saying they're "sharp"... I'm just saying you probably are being more critical of them than they will be because you know you erred.

Oh, I'd be willing to bet you money they wouldn't even notice the softness. That's pretty minor. I've seen way worse pictures that people absolutely gushed over.

This is TOTALLY true. I took a photo of a deer once that got totally screwed up. I cut off her feet, there was brush in the way, and my autofocus decided the tree behind her is what was important. But the people in my family LOVE IT! I have other photos that are much more compositionally sound, but that's the one they put as the background on their computer and stuff (which sucks, cause it makes me look bad, lol).

People who don't take photos themselves, are a lot more forgiving of this stuff. The preggo chick getting ready to have a kid is going to love these photos, and will probably NEVER notice the softness if you don't tell her. Cause its not about composition for her, its about remembering a once-in-a-lifetime moment.

I feel like Peter f'n Brady on here. I seriously need to stop being so nice.

Most reactions

Back