noobie - feedback #2

snoword

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would like some feedback on these pics as well. I think they are good but being new I am sure there are things that I am just don't know.

1)
2708361045_b66bf46165.jpg

2)

2709169320_ccfa417fe9.jpg

love them both..espically number 1

Again... very nice photos. You have a knack for this. The one suggestion I have on the second photo is the blade of grass in the foreground isn't ideal. If it wasn't in the way of the daisy that picture would be outstanding.

interesting. i would have thought that was good because it seems to give it depth.

....just trying to understand what good is!

Thanks for the feedback.

hmmm... just my opinions, but...

1 is way oversaturated IMO. I assume you did this intentionally, but it's pretty extreme. The vignette is distracting, but that's a preference thing. I generally don't like the effect. I think if you had put the horizon not quite in absolute dead center it might have made the shot a little more interesting. Pretty clouds, though.

2 is just a hair dark I think, otherwise fine, though not terribly interesting for me. Of course, I also am not a big fan of flower shots. They bore me silly. Again, preference thing.

I love them both, you have some real talent. Although, the sky in #1 looks a little fake. I dunno if that's a bad thing, I'm just making an observation.

Whats your setup?

rreally like them both, you could slightly crop the top of the first one so the edges look neater, and when it comes to the second one its great, great detail well done..

The vignette is distracting, but that's a preference thing. I generally don't like the effect.

I wonder if the vignette was intentional or the result of a lenshood not suited to the lens.

I LOVE the cloud reflections int he first one. VERY nice. I would say that I would agree with macdsean about the blade of grass. It is slightly distracting. Aside from that, I think that the detail of the flower is great (especially the pollen). Wonderful job in my opinion!

Over all i got lucky, i think. I just got my camera and have been doing a lot of reading. I cam across a discussion about a CPF and decided to pick one up.

Then drove to a pond up the street from my home and started to take some photos.

The only post processing I did was use the preset color curves on PSE 6 - increase contrast.

vignette - i am not sure what that is. is it a PP effect.

The black in the corners is because i put the CPF on top of my UV filter. Well that is what i am assuming.

I used a Nikon D60 with 18-55 kit lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back