Noobie wanting advice & Critique

zbo2408

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been interested in photography for a long time but haven't been able to dedicated much time or money...

These are a couple of my favs and I will also post the link to my gallery... there is a bunch of crap on my site but a few good ones (I think thrown in)

Everything was taken with my Canon Powershot A95

Sorry for putting up soo many pictures I just had some freetime the last 2 days and took quite a few that I am proud of... Any and all input is appreciate Thanks!

http://gallery.me.com/zman764#gallery

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

.These are a couple of my favs
last time i checked, a couple was 2...

wayyyy to many pics limit your posts to 2 or 3 posts max.. people just dont want to sit here and pick out all the erros with 25 pics... especially when they all look the same...(other than the last 3) my main critque from looking at the first 3 is that you need to work on your focus...

Well I didn't expect a critique of each one I was just hoping people could scroll through really fast and point out one they liked that could of been done slightly different but w/e...

Without magical intervention focus on a p&s w/ a small screen is hit or miss...

i didnt ask you to defend yourself of my critques.... they are my critques, not my questioning why you did something wrong..

focus is a great part of cameras and it generally works great, especially with your camera..i've seen lots of great shots with the a95 its just a matter of not just waiting for the "in focus beep" its looking at what is in focus. i realize that you just wanted to share a bunch of your images with us, but lots of images (especially 25) will turn people away,, garenteed..

Looking through them, you need to find more interesting subjects. Or at least get out of your backyard.

last time i checked, a couple was 2...

wayyyy to many pics limit your posts to 2 or 3 posts max.. people just dont want to sit here and pick out all the erros with 25 pics... especially when they all look the same...(other than the last 3) my main critque from looking at the first 3 is that you need to work on your focus...

If you read the the post I already apologize for posting so many pics already...

It only takes 25 seconds to slowly scroll through those images... so are you saying they are all garbage and nothing stood out to you or that you just simply didn't look?

I wasn't trying to defend anything I can see the focus isn't great on those and I have trouble using the manual focus feature on my camera because it's simply hard to see on the tiny screen and those shades of red & orange do not show clearly on the lcd screen...

If you read the the post I already apologize for posting so many pics already...

It only takes 25 seconds to slowly scroll through those images... so are you saying they are all garbage and nothing stood out to you or that you just simply didn't look?

not that they are garbage.. obviously you like them, and theres nothing wrong with that... but technically the focus is off with them... and the subject is VERY repetitive.. it just looks as though you need to leave your back yard and get a more interesting subject than 15-20 pics of leaves that all look the same

also a lot of the pics it looks like you just shot in auto mode.. which is just boring, and doesnt allow for creativity

How about this one? It's sadly not in my back yard... but it's a couple of years old... also taken with my A95

n217402366_30593343_1926.jpg

Some of these do have potential. From my quick look through the main think you need to work on is white balance and really making the colors pop. Also the one with the pink flower could be great but your DOF is SOO small that the subject is nearly completly lost. Overall not a bad start, just think more of each photo instead of 'that looks awesome *snap*. Don't be afrade to take 20 minutes laying on your back to get the perfect shot of the flower. As soon as you do you will walk away knowing what to do and the next time it'll only take you moments.

also a lot of the pics it looks like you just shot in auto mode.. which is just boring, and doesnt allow for creativity

Actually I use full manual mode I set the Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, flash & the power of the flash.... I did use Auto White Balance...

smithphoto said:
the one with the pink flower could be great but your DOF is SOO small that the subject is nearly completly lost.

On this picture I used f/2.8, 1/250 shutter speed, and 7.81 mm focal length(not exactly sure what this is... could you please explain it?) I am positive I used Macro Auto Focus on that pic and I probably even set the focus on a different subject and lined up my shot for that one as that is a very tiny flower very close to the ground...

Should I of just used a smaller aperture? ... f/4.5 maybe? Or should I of just focused differently?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back