Noob's first post - Critique please!

saulmr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
saulmr.blogspot.com
Hi everyone!

I'm very new in the photography field, but I like to take lots of pictures! These shot's are what I've accomplised after my first photograpy course.
I decided to be brave enough and post them on my blog for critique, I hope you like them!

A20LAS20MUERTAS20DE20JUAREZ1.jpg

A las muertas de Juarez
Unfortunately, violence has been in the rise towards womn in my city. This is a homage to all the women who have been murdered and their killers unpunished.

DON20ELOY20ARAMBULA1.jpg

Don Eloy Arambula
A guy who likes to hang around downtown my city. He's full of colorful stories and was kind enough to adopt a homeless dog.

REJAS20DE20MADERA.jpg

Crates
It's amazing what you can find in the garbage if you look carefully.

desierto.jpg

A storm is coming
A shot before a storm hit the desert in our local desert of Samalayuca.

don20chava.jpg

Don Chava
My father in law, choosing produce in the local farmer's market.

GREED.jpg

Greed
I like the greedy expression of this girl as she's unwrapping her present, but her eyes are already fixed upon other gift.

negro.jpg

Blacky
A friend's dog, I like his pensive expression.

tortuguitas.jpg

Tortuguitas
Children like to drag around these toys made out of balloons downtown while their parents do some shopping.

PERRO20PLAYERO.jpg

Perro Playero
I like to shoot homeless dogs. This one was very busy chewing a stick at the beach.

Well, that's it for now. Your comments are welcome and thanks for looking!

Oh. Too bad, they don't link.
But you get access via "the hard way": right-click, copy the properties, paste and voilà! :)
It is too late for me now, Saul, sorry, I only saw the last, the "perro playero" ... lovingly shot, I must say. I`ll be back for the others tomorrow!!! That is for sure.

Buenas noches a todos.

#2 has tons of character! There's a spot on his head that's a little blown, but I don't think it hurts the picture. Good shots

I love all of these! 2 and 9 are awesome...(9 mostly because I love golden retrievers...) :blushing:

Love the old man, the girl and the two dogs.
all yer shots have a gritty feel to them...are you shooting film?

BTW welcome to TPF; not enough people here from your beautiful country. :D

The first shot is very sad. :(

Your images are very inspiring. Number 2 is also a fave of the bunch here, just because of that classic expression. Number 7 also hits a soft spot here as that is the exact look my schnauzer gets on his face :D

JonK said:
all yer shots have a gritty feel to them...are you shooting film?

BTW welcome to TPF; not enough people here from your beautiful country. :D

Thanks! Yes, I'm shooting on film. Most of these shots were done on Kodak Plus-X 100 film or C-41 B/W ISO 400 Film. I'm saving to get a nice film scanner, but in the meantime a flatbed to scan the prints will have to do :p

JonK said:
The first shot is very sad. :(
Too many murders have been unsolved in this town, and there are many unnamed tombs for all the women who were murdered that no one claimed, it's really sad.

I love the second shot and the last shot... the first shot though was actually rather difficult to distinguish for me.

Most reactions

Back