nooo..broken 70-300

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Funky, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    wow, kinda mad here. i purchased a new 70-300 quantaray (i know...) about 2 months ago. i was shooting a school event when i changed lenses and the autofocus just clicked. i got a little confused and switched lenses, my 18-90 focused fine, turns out when it hits infinity it clicks over and over, almost like its slipping inside the lens housing. when i manual focus it, its rough around the infinity mark but gets smooth as i turn it. theres definitly something workng here, any ideas?

thanks in advance :mrgreen:

zack

2. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I assume it is still under warrenty - so your best bet is just to send it in for repairs.

I had a similar problem with my 70-300 (Canon) around a year ago when a screw became loose inside (eeks), but they fixed it no problem.

3. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    sadly....i got it a good 1000 miles away from where i live now and i lost the box and everything else that came with it, i might be sol but doesnt hurt ro ask what the problem might be..maybe i can fix it! wahah...

4. xfloggingkylex

xfloggingkylex TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    if all else fails, take it into your local ritz and throw it at the head of the closes employee.

5. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    lol! doesnt sound like such a bad idea. i hate wolf....ritz they charged me 70 bucks to clean my ccd...