Normal self portraits are boring

Thanks people! Except rob91

:)

do you mind telling me what kind of editing/shooting techniques to make yourself look so cartoon-like?

It is shot with a small softbox pretty close to my face, you can see the reflection in my eyes. And then there is a flash with a snoot from the side/behind to give some highlights. The skin has been processed with a multiply technique, highpass and dodge/burn. It's the oversharpened look of the skin and the very 3D-ish lighting that makes it look cartoonish.

Well, I'm impressed. Looking at your amazing deviant Art gallery, I wonder: do you have formal training in lighting techniques? I sure hope you do, because your lighting is superb. Your postwork is top notch too, which probably helps alot, I assume.;)

Just out of curiosity, how many lights do you use for an average shoot, like the ones you did of those bands? 3? 4? And please don't tell me you use AlienBees or something crazy like that - that will just make me depressed. hehe.

Well, I'm impressed. Looking at your amazing deviant Art gallery, I wonder: do you have formal training in lighting techniques? I sure hope you do, because your lighting is superb. Your postwork is top notch too, which probably helps alot, I assume.;)

Just out of curiosity, how many lights do you use for an average shoot, like the ones you did of those bands? 3? 4? And please don't tell me you use AlienBees or something crazy like that - that will just make me depressed. hehe.

Thank you! I have no formal training in anything related to photography. I just bought two small strobes pretty soon after I bought my camera and started experimenting. Now I shoot with three lights, one 150cm octabox on my 500Ws as main light. I don't use AlienBees but two QH and one Starfoto. I'm pretty interested in the AlienBees ABR800 ringflash though...

The picture was taken well. However it's different, doesn't "do it" for me, sorry man. My friends and I usually look close to that finishing an explore of some old factory. Not trying to sound like a dick, just is boring to me.

Woahhh I love this Shot

The Lighting is Great and the way your Eyes stand out is Primo

Most reactions

Back