North Carolina Outer Banks

Cloudwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this photo this past weekend. The sky turned out pretty good for my tastes but the foreground is waaaay too dark in my opinion or is it?

Help!

atlanticbeachnc.jpg

I would just crop most of it out and I should work out... What I did is just use the scroll to crop out the bottom of it so that the horizon was 1/3 from the bottom and it really (I think) improves the composition... GREAT COLORS I love the shot personally.

Yes I have to say using BoblyBill's instant cropping tool, I was really taken buy the image. I vote for the same crop. IMHO you will then have a damned fine image...So It was a real nice image that needed one tweak to take it home. Very nice work!

Can Take your image and crop it to show you my idea?

Cannot but agree: the "instant cropping tool" (i.e. doing some "scroll-cropping" ;)) showed me, too, that one rid of the amount of dark foreground this is ONE good photo!

Looks like if the dark area at the bottom were lightened up just a bit and brought out some of the fence detail in the foreground it wouldn't have to suffer a crop. Fine photo either way. Excellent colors.

Nice photo. I agree with the crop idea. The colors are beautiful.

Fantastic colours and to be like the rest of the herd, by removing a bit of the bottom, the darkness no longer takes control of the pic and makes those fantastic colours even more emphasized.

Stunning colors! I agree, lose a bit of the foreground and the photo pops even more. Nicely done!

Most reactions

Back