North Cascades Highway Fall Color (WA)

scole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scolephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Although you can't go wrong with fall color around Mount Baker & Heather Meadows, I went out searching for someplace else. I decided to take the day off and head up to Rainy Pass on the North Cascades Highway and do the Maple Pass loop.

Fall color still seems to be 1-2 weeks away from really peaking but there still were great displays if you looked for it. I got many great photos so I might do another thread for some additional photos.

#1. Lake Ann-

385540691_xXVVV-L.jpg

#2. Fall Splendor beneath Heather Pass-

385540703_G6THn-XL.jpg

#3. Larches turning colors-

385540583_2zEqZ-L.jpg

#4. Vine Maples-

385541391_72SaN-L.jpg

#5. Color along Ruby Creek-

385541410_Wv9tZ-L.jpg

#6 Solitary Vine Maple-

385541403_YaVC7-XL.jpg

Hmm. They do show up for me. I did notice that my host (Smugmug) was "down" for maintenance late last night when I originally posted this so the links might have been unavailable during that time.

Are they still missing?...

The pics show up now.

These shots are absolutely stunning! Their coloring is just unbelievable! #1 & #2 did it for me. :)

I like them, but number 6 is outstanding for me. nicely isolated golden leaves embedded in black and dark green.

Thanks all. #2 is my favorite and I'm glad I was able to pretty much capture what I saw at the time. #6 is also a favorite but it required a little bit of creative composition. The tree is right alongside the highway and unfortunately, there was a highway sign just off frame to the left. If I could have, I would have framed the shot with some more space on either side of the tree. Still works for me! :D

Awesome shots......I love #1 Great capture....the fall colours are just stunning.

Most reactions

Back