NORTH GERMANY May 2008- Seriously now: maps, itinerary, prices

Discussion in 'Locations & Meetup forum' started by LaFoto, Aug 9, 2007.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Maps - as was suggested by Daan (doenoe) - so you will know better how to find your way to here :D

Map 1 (the Meet-Up will be in GERMANY, which is in EUROPE! - country being outlined by me! :biggrin: )
    [​IMG]

Map 2 (more precisely it will be in NORTH Germany, in the area between Hamburg and Bremen - outlined by me :biggrin: - with the place of the Meet-Up marked by a shy red dot)
    [​IMG]

Map 3 (even more precisely where there is the very IMPORTANT red mark on the "original" Google map - cough-cough)
    [​IMG]

Now we jump into Satellite-mode to show you more:

Map 4 - my place. Nicely outlined by ------------------- definitely not Google! They don't even KNOW about this tiny place... :roll: :biggrin:
    [​IMG]
    Dot 1: my house
    Dot 2: the holiday homes for rent that Hertz wants to rent and (maybe) share ;)
    Dot 3: The camp site - I must still ask how many sites there are vacant, most are filled with caravans which never move...
    Dot 4: more very reasonably priced holiday homes which can be shared by many to further reduce accomodation costs
    Dot 5: the big, comfortable hotel I am suggesting in my other thread (links may be added to this new thread later)
    Dot 6: the neighbouring town, dot put to about where there is the church in which my choir sings --- there is a fair chance that some who want to stay for totally free can get accomodation with families, all of who will be choir friends of mine, and they would then be hosted in that town.

Map 5 - an even closer close-up of my place, our house shyly marked in red
    [​IMG]

AND - to make it very precise for all the stalkers who will now ring at my door bell to ask for a cup of coffee or something else to drink (as per suggestion by Daan aka doenoe in the other thread), the closest close-up onto the Venue Of The Big TPF-Germany Meet-Up Garden Party on 29 May 2008 - Map 6:
    [​IMG]

Hope this'll help you all take your decision and COME! :D

2. Chris of Arabia

Chris of Arabia Herding cats since 1988... Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Cheers Corrina, that should help enormously with peoples planning

3. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for all those maps, Corinna. Very cool to zoom in, and in, and in, to the very yard where the big garden party will occur.

4. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    As the maps show, I have planned for some accomodation, one of which has been reserved by now and will offer beds for all in all 18 person (given we put as many into each apartment as it allows for at max).

From what I understand, here's what I know about who is wanting to take up beds out of those 18:

Tangerini - 3 beds (and I hope you are not planning to bring any CHILDREN, for that would not be good)
    Corry - 3 beds (given Joe and Sky can make it, too, else you would not come, either?)
    Hertz - 1 bed (so far)
    Antarctican - 1 bed
    Digital Diva - 2 beds
    Jeff Canes - 1 bed

Who else would want to stay right here in my very place (marked as Dot 2 in Map 4)?
    7 more beds to be had in that very place.

Next closest is the camp site (Dot 3) and the apartments in Rehr, which are Dot 4.

5. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    wow. planning is proceeding!

funny, on that first map ... Bispingen and Soltau were in almost all my tactics training scenarios in army times ;) So that map strongly reminds me of my times at the KTS 2 in Munster ;)

Anyway, I cannot commit 100% yet, so I will take whatever is left over by the time I can finally decide -- and if nothing is left over I am happy with my tent :)

6. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It is about time we get more serious about this whole Big, Very International, One-Week-Long North-Germany Meet-Up from 24-31 May 2008.

My poll in some other thread on this reveals:

Which OUGHT TO bring together at least 29 members, those 10 who said "I really want to go to Germany in May 2008" and those 19 who said "Yes, I am working towards going and hope to get there". Not counting the undecided 19 who say they find the idea interesting but still don't know.

Only 11 so far knew for sure they would not be able to come.

So.
    Who is coming?
    Who is coming FROM FAR?
    Are you in the process of checking out flights, fares, special offers, do you know where to arrive, when, how to get from the airport to here?

It is October now, and the idea has been known for a year.
    As of November, I would need to go into even more serious planning - so far I have only sussed out prices for activities I want to offer, and which I hope we'll do all together, for - like in most cases - the more there are, the smaller the shared price for each. And I have reserved accomodation for 18 persons in a house with holiday apartments here in my village.

I might need to reserve more?

For whom?

Please no longer be vague.
    Speak up.
    Tell me.
    Are you coming?
    Give me names. Say "I'll be there".

And those on a budget: remember I can also offer you FREE accomodation in families for friends of mine, two have already approached me and asked who they would get!

Don't let me float with my idea alone, please.

7. DigitalDiva

DigitalDiva TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'll be there with my boyfriend. Could we plan on two beds? Unless you have a double bed for the 2 of us. No kids here. Well, we are kind of like 2 big kids.

8. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I added your name to the list ... I take it you would like to share house with all the others? There are twin-bedded rooms, but you might still have to share the apartment with more people, but the apartments have 2 bedrooms or so. The link to their site is in one of my other Meet-Up threads, only have I just unstuck them, there was such a crowed of stickied threads all about the same up here.

9. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Right. Here's the link again to the one holiday home that I have reserved for us for that one week: http://www.ole-hoop.de/ (Dot 2 in Map 4)

Another possibility would be the apartments at about 4kms from my place, link to the site is here: http://www.bauernhof-rehr.de/ (Dot 4 in Map 4)
    With those people, though, I still haven't spoken. But I would not want to leave it way too long.

Those who can afford to "live with style" and want to do so, there is also this hotel (Dot 5 on Map 4): http://www.landkrug-trau.de/

Their sites are all in German, but aren't there online site translators out so you would at least get a gist of what is being said?

10. DigitalDiva

DigitalDiva TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks, LaFoto. I'll have a look at the options and let you know.

11. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmm.. this is tempting.. I REALLY want to come, it is just juggling things. I am shooting a wedding in early May, I have been asked to visit Thailand for a month or so over my holidays, and for my university program they highly recommend spending the entire summer being a mule/pawn for a researcher (for the lack-lustre description). Hmm.. will update as soon as things are lining up :D

12. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It would be BRILLIANT to have you here, Brittany!!! Let me know when to reserve you one bed in that holiday apartment home, ok?