NORTH GERMANY May 2008- Seriously now: maps, itinerary, prices

This is one thing I don't like about searching for plane tickets (see... told you I was serious)

We're sorry, the price of this flight has changed from C$406.00 to C$2,257.00
0_0

^^^ OMG!!!
swoon.gif

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry:

but ticket prices fluctuate ...

did you try montreal - paris? I recently invited someone for a job interview from ottawa, and the cheapest flight to Germany we could get was montreal - paris.

The problem is I will likely be flying out of Dubai - so I am guessing that might be why the prices are absolutely ridiculous. I am sure I will find something - super sleuthing skills matched with an acquired university student's frugal-ness will prevail!

Hm, Dubai - Düsseldorf should not be too expensive... at least at work lots of our flights to Japan go via Dubai.

Oh, I might have found a different route - via London. As long as it is through the same airport I might have found something affordable! Will update within the next week or so.

I've been doing a bit more research and Bremen looks like a good airport to fly to. Imagine all of us flying on the same plane.

Well, it looks like you guys are going to have a lot of fun.
To bad it wasn't 2 weeks ago when I was visiting Bentheim just across the border from the Netherlands.
We were there for 6 weeks.
Ah, well, next time better, I'm back in Canada again.
No harm done.:D

This is so you can see how far away the airports are from where I live and how you can get from there to here:

Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel to here:
HH-Fuhlsbttel-Lauenbrck.jpg

Hamburg-Lübeck to here:
FlugplatzLbeck-Lauenbrck.jpg

Bremen to here:
FlugplatzHB-Lauenbrck.jpg

Hannover-Langenhagen to here:
FlugplatzHannover-Lauenbrck.jpg

Düsseldorf Airport to here:
FlughafenDsseldorf-Lauenbrck.jpg

Berlin-Schönefeld to here:
FlughafenBerlinSch-Lauenbrck.jpg

oh, from my place to your place it is 340 km? wow ... I better fuel up my car well! ;)

340km = 1 1/2 tanks for fuel for me. :mrgreen:

Been looking at the train options. You can't book further ahead than the start of April with Eurostar right now. It'll be around £30 to get from London to Paris. I've no idea on the Paris to Hamburg prices as it wouldn't let me book. But it says that final leg will take 11 hours!

340km = 1 1/2 tanks for fuel for me. :mrgreen:

so either your tank is very small, or you drive a tank :p

or you just always drive at the limit :mrgreen:

I've no idea on the Paris to Hamburg prices as it wouldn't let me book. But it says that final leg will take 11 hours!

There are some good THALYS connections from Paris to Cologne
and on to Düsseldorf. But as far as I remember they ain't really cheap ...

I can get 25 litres in the tank when it's empty. That and it only drops below 5k rpm when I'm driving in town. ;)

Most reactions

Back