Northeners Read and Weep!

SCguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sure you are tired of the cold by now.:confused: Here is a little something to rub it in from the town of Blackville SC!
DSCF2272.jpg

In the shade! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

RD

dude San Diego is maintaining a sweet 70 all day =D

When it gets to be near 80 here in Pennsylvania, I'll be sure to post it here for you guys that are sweating your you-know-whats off down there :D.

I like my temperature around 50* farenheight... Anything more is too hot. much below freezing and I'm cold too but down to about 10* I'm not exactly worried about it. Of course I live in Sacramento where it rarely gets below 40* and regularly gets over 110*...

I'm sure you are tired of the cold by now.
:mrgreen: No, not really. We got 3-4 inches last night, ~28 degrees F. Don't worry, come July and August we'll be seeing 100+ degree F days. I love the change in seasons.

way too warm for me!!!!!

You're very welcome matt-l! Yesterday probably topped out a little above 80 and I think I got a bit of a sunburn from weedeating. Yep, the grass is growing. LOL

RD

Sheesh!... We're sweating here at 85!

Any more here in Pennsylvania, all we have is summer and winter. There is very little spring and very little fall.

Now I can't remember, it was this January or last January. It was close to 80 degrees one day. The following day, I have a foot of snow in my driveway and my cars were burried from deeper wind blown snow. I don't mine the snow, I have 4wd. I love driving in the snow. I'm not petrified like the thousands of others that are out there on the roads trying to get to work. I can drive normal through several inches of snow while everyone else is creeping along at 10 mph because they are scared to death. My work commute is 15 miles of perfectly straight road. Sheesh, there's no magic in snow that is going to cause you to wreck your car because you drive faster than 10 mph on a perfectly straight freaking road!

The big problem with the climate in Pennsylvania nowadays is the humidity along with the lack of spring and fall weather. It is below freezing the majority of winter and you get use to the cold. Then spring hits for a few days, then next you know, it is in the mid 80's and humid. After the months of freezing weather, you just can't aclimate to it that fast. Suddenly, it is hot, humid, and miserable.

Same with the summer to winter change. It suddenly drops from mid 90's and really humid in August/September, to a few days of mild 70's/60's, then starts to get cold down in the 40's for the start of winter. There isn't much of an in-between anymore.

Perhaps it's my age now, but I seem to remember as a kid, the trees turning color and everything looking beautiful. We would rake the leaves and jump in the piles and play for what seemed like forever. Now, the leaves turn color on Tuesday, and by Thursday, they are all down on the ground. Then by Saturday, we have several inches of snow and the cold and snow lasts through until the 3 days worth of spring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back