Northern Lights in Alberta - 3/26/07 early morning

nice captures... i find the northern lights one of the most fascinating phenomena (say that five times fast ;) ) in the world... i hope i have a chance to shoot them someday... :thumbup:

Simply beautiful, no other words to describe it. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, these are amazing, 1 is my favorite.

beautiful!! i havnet seen the northern lights in years...probably because i moved to far south!!! my most amazing experience was once they were directly overhaed and they radiated out in a circular fashion in all directions, showing all their colours...i was in highschool photography class and I was able to capture it!! fantastic...
love #2 & 3 the best

Wow. Great job! Glad you were able to get out and see some.

To answer your question dewey, I live 2 hours from Edmonton. Close to the sask border.

It seems very odd to me that there are so many people who've never seen these. I guess I take them for granted, being able to see them quite often.

#1 is my favorite. I love the composition of the railway sign.

Hope you're able to get out a few more times and show us some more pics.

Do you have those a lot over there?

I see them just about everynight. They're usually not very spectacular although some nights they get pretty wild.
Apparently if you whistle at them they'll dance more. I've also noticed that the more people there are ewwing and awwing over them they brighter they will be.
I think they like the attention :)

Most reactions

Back