Not a good day...

Thank you for the update! I continue to think of you both :hug::

That IS good news. :thumbup: Keep us posted, as you can see we're all with you on this. :)

Good news re the blood test. Await news of the cat scan, and good vibes continue to be sent your way.

Cat scan was performed. Results will be coming in about two to three days. It went very smooth, by the way.

Peace to the gods!!! I feel in my heart that things will work out. All our love to you guys!!! Has been my experience that doctors have no idea as to what is going on. Keep that in mind.

Thanks again guys...:hug::

Results of the cat scan were inconclusive therefore they want to do a cat scan aided biopsy of that cyst. The doctors emphasized that the blood tests came out negative (all is well) so this thing might be of benign nature. Don't know when the biopsy will happen, my wife doesn't quite want to do it, I guess she's afraid of it, I would be too... But, it's necessary. The thing is she wants to postpone it until we get back from our trip, perhaps in August or so. We'll see what the doctors say...

Well, after a few good hours of Googling "liver cyst" I learned that 99% of the cysts are of benign nature. They are not life threatening unless they get infected and that usually means surgical removal. So far, my wife hasn't had any pain at all. So, now that the cyst is something that worries me no more, I am only thinking about her enlarged liver condition. Phew... I breathe a little easier now, thanks to Dr. Google!

It is wonderful to hear that your wife's current condition is not harmful in nature! Have a wonderful trip in the coming months by the way.

That is very good news, Dimitri. :thumbup: I'm sure the doctors would be promoting more aggressive treatment options if there was any hint of questionable lab work. Sometimes a treatment option is, in fact, to "wait & see".

And you have to keep in mind with whom you are speaking. A surgeon will generally recommend the procedure he can offer; the internist or primary care doctor will sometimes weigh in with a less invasive approach.

When you get both teams recommending the same general course, you are wise to take notice. ;) Good luck with it - and it's great that it's nothing life-threatening and she will be able to go enjoy the trip! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back