Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

I figured the little guy would eventually figure out how to get a free meal :)

It's the better part of a four foot jump from the nearest tree but in hindsight that's not even a challenge....

SquirrelFeeder.jpg

Cheers, Don

I have a "squirrel proof" feeder. It was squirrel proof for about a week until they figured out how to beat it. We have to be smarter than they are, and so far they are winning.:)

I was told to mix cayenne pepper in the seed. The birds don't mind it but the squirrels will be heading to the nearest creek. So far it has worked and the birds are happier. It is interesting to watch the squirrels when they get a mouthful of hot pepper. Off they go.

I have a "squirrel proof" feeder. It was squirrel proof for about a week until they figured out how to beat it. We have to be smarter than they are, and so far they are winning.:)

I was told to mix cayenne pepper in the seed. The birds don't mind it but the squirrels will be heading to the nearest creek. So far it has worked and the birds are happier. It is interesting to watch the squirrels when they get a mouthful of hot pepper. Off they go.

Really, I've never heard that before.....

Really, I've never heard that before.....

yes, so far it is working. The little rodents still come by but don't stay very long. Previously they could empty that feeder in a day. Now it is taking the birds about a week to empty it.

Well, I've never had more than two in the yard, seed is cheap :D

And that is a small price to pay for them helping to exercise the dog...

This is funny, the squirrel is watching the birds eating seeds off the ground...

Lookoutdownbelow.jpg

And of course, there's nothing like a little sun tanning after a free meal..

SunTanning.jpg

Cheers, Don

Hey now, squirrels have to eat too, just like the birdies. :)

Nice shots, and that must be some sturdy feeder to support his weight like that with only slight tilting.

I saw these feeders for sale where the "door" where the food is in shuts if something weighing more that 5 ounces (or some weight, I'm not sure) goes on it. Nice shots.

I saw these feeders for sale where the "door" where the food is in shuts if something weighing more that 5 ounces (or some weight, I'm not sure) goes on it. Nice shots.

That is the kind I have. It worked a week before the little rodents figured out how to beat it.

A few days ago I may have been inclined to defend the "little rodents" but he has TAKEN over and is chasing the birds away, sigh...

Even to the extent I've seen him jump onto a branch where a bird is waiting to have his turn at the seed.

Oh well, time to relocate the feeder :mrgreen:

Cheers, Don

A few days ago I may have been inclined to defend the "little rodents" but he has TAKEN over and is chasing the birds away, sigh...

Even to the extent I've seen him jump onto a branch where a bird is waiting to have his turn at the seed.

Oh well, time to relocate the feeder :mrgreen:

:lol: Well good luck! And keep posting the pics. Would love to see some nice action shots of a Squirrel-Bird fight :)

I'm not sure what kind of birds you wanted to attract, but it looks like a hawk feeder now ... :lmao:

It would be interesting to see a pic of a bald eagle on a wooden bird feeder :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back