not another lighthouse photo!!

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BRI_9939_01.JPG BRI_9956_01.JPG

Portland Head Light?
(Edit: Nope, it's not. Looks similar, though.)

I like the second one. I appreciate that the first one is probably a different perspective than is typical, but I'm not sure I like the power lines and some of the foreground just seems cluttered, not pleasant to look at. I'd crop it at the bottom to get rid of the blacktop.
Might make an interesting black and white, though.

Could save a lot of post processing time by going back with a chainsaw! That power pole ought to be easy, and heavy enough to drag down the lines with it....instant great shot! :bom:

You have to fight for a spot to put your tripod? I went to Nubble a few weeks ago to get photos of the Christmas lights, that place is always a zoo. And those power lines are the worst! I love the lighthouse but it's tough finding a composition with the power lines

I actually purposely shot from under the power lines. I have others without them, but it is so overdone I thought the powerlines going to it were more interesting.

You have to fight for a spot to put your tripod? I went to Nubble a few weeks ago to get photos of the Christmas lights, that place is always a zoo. And those power lines are the worst! I love the lighthouse but it's tough finding a composition with the power lines
no. and I shot the Christmas light photo at almost midnight there wasn't anyone there last week. EDIT: The Christmas light ones are so overdone, I shot that in jpeg I was so unconcerned. But I did enjoy sitting on the rocks for a bit everything was pretty quiet there, course, it was a weekday and almost midnight. I kind of shoot the overdone stuff because I am already there anyway. sometimes I take photos of the tourists.

Last edited:
I agree, I've seen more photos of the Christmas lights there to last a lifetime. I went and grabbed a photo of them because so many people asked me for Christmas card photos of nubble this year

I agree, I've seen more photos of the Christmas lights there to last a lifetime. I went and grabbed a photo of them because so many people asked me for Christmas card photos of nubble this year
That is kind of the thing, people like this stuff. I have people from "away" that ask me for pics. They don't live near the ocean. I get it, so I do it I don't mind, but it isn't really inspiring. I don't blame people for shooting it either. It is kind of inspiring if you don't see much of it. so I understand why they do. I have and see It quite a bit so there ya go.

Portland Head Light?
(Edit: Nope, it's not. Looks similar, though.)

I like the second one. I appreciate that the first one is probably a different perspective than is typical, but I'm not sure I like the power lines and some of the foreground just seems cluttered, not pleasant to look at. I'd crop it at the bottom to get rid of the blacktop.
Might make an interesting black and white, though.
that is what is weird. this light house photo is at about eighty on 500px. if posted one without wires it would probably hit 90 or so. I prefer the bw above and stuff like that never goes over 70 for me. often less.

Most reactions

Back