Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
but the best I've captured so far . Thanks for looking ! :thumbup:

DSC01607.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01603.jpg

It looks like you were trying to photograph them when they were actually flying forward. I quickly learned that my auto and manual focusing skills were no where good enough to be able to track them while they were en route, so I waited for them to stay still than compose, and manually focus as fast as I could to try and catch them. I shot in burst mode so I could get a variety of their wing positions, but it often failed.

These have also been cropped down to where what we are looking at is 100% and if not, than it's close. If you have a telephoto lens, use that and get the hummingbirds at your minimum focusing distance. I did that with my 80-200 and I was still 6 feet away! The first shot I posted is hardly cropped at all, and the 2nd isn't cropped at all.

increasing your ISO will help you freeze motion, and don't' worry about the noise, you can't really see it in the texture of the bird, and you can take it out in post production, I did selective noise reduction so that the bokeh is extra creamy, but kept the detail in the birds, even though I was shooting at ISO 200.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tips . These are raw , I took em and posted em .I wanted to go with a higher ISO but I was worried about noise , but I'll kick it up and try to catch them motionless !

Thanks again !!!!:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back