Not Drunk............

Force of Nature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
force-of-nature.deviantart.com
Hello gang,

was in the pub 2nite and was talking photography with, erm, myself, as i was the resident photographr and then someone said they had a canon20D!

I didnt understand that this person had a 20D and didnt understand photography, he didnt even know what L Glass was! I then tried to explain what it was but i dont know really myself, so it was quite hard, so im hoping someone can clarify that for me.i cant sign into msn, i keep typing my password but it adds 2 digits, i dunno why.

the end

On the motorcycle forum I visit someone posted a bunch of snapshots that had all the photo info in the bottom corner of the pic. It read: Canon 20D...bla...bla..bla... with lens mm readings all the way down to 8mm.

I had to ask of course and his only response was "I dunno, my wife bought it for me cuz I kinda dig photography." :shock: This guy is ALMOST as spoiled as I am ;)

LMAO...not drunk eh?

I know, I feel exactly the same...people go straight for a like pro camera.
One kid I know is like saving up for Canon eos1d's mark11 (apparently) I mean...he hasnt got another camera and hes going for that? and here im stuck with a 300D? im jelous...

What's a 20D?... What's a camera?... What is this place?... :mrgreen:

I know what ya'll mean. We used to have people all the time come in when I worked at CCity that didn't know jack about cameras but had to have the best and most expensive we sold. Made me a little sick to my stomach really.

"L Glass" is the professional series of lenses that Canon put out. They're usually the pretty white lenses you always see photographers with.

Very very high quality, sharp, 'bright' lenses with a very very high price tag as well.

My goal in life, is to own an L lens. :blushing:

As for you MSN password, that happens a lot. It's just encrypting it so that it doesn't actually broadcast your password all over the internet.

quite an interesting thread, indeed. as for L lenses, meysha has it. L stands for luxury. and yes, their telephotos are white or off-white and they all have a thin red stripe around the end of the lens so everyone can tell that you have an L lens. (how exciting!)

they are terrific lenses, often considered the best of the best (this is sometimes untrue, especially if you include 'exotic' brand lenses). unfortunately, yes, they are expensive. but not always super expensive. the 70-200 f4L you can get for under $600.

I don't understand people like that!

Someone came in to work to buy a memory card for her camera, didn't know what it was...

Shes like... umm... its a canon... umm. something like 300D?

sheesh. I thought if you would spend that much on a camera, you would at least have an interest and know what the camera was, and what cards it took!

Most reactions

Back