Fiendish Astronaut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I'm putting some images on my website and I submitted this to the chap who's looking after my site. These look fine on my CRT but he's looking on a LCD screen and he says these images look like they have a terrible range to him (he's seen the originals and says these don't look as good i.e. blacks aren't really black etc). Would you say these work or is my monitor deceiving me?

1937556206_9a1b990f34.jpg

1937555620_784f3c1b4a.jpg

Cheers!

On my monitor the blacks really don't look that great. The photos overall have a very warm/yellowish tinge to them and it extends into where it should be black. Wish I had a good fix for you other than calibrating your monitor. You can't fix them if you don't see what's wrong!

Thanks for the feedback. I only have jpg copies of these images and I can't think what else to do apart from adjusting the hue to reduce the yellow. I'd originally used the eyedroppers in the Curves screen to correct the colour. Maybe I just think about the balck, white and grey settings...

Hmm...

well, black is not really black but dark grey. Some older CRTs show increased contrast so you would not realise.

Thanks - yes I have a fairly old CRT. I wish I had a proper calibrator but at the moment I'm using Gamma software. I wonder, would an external calibrator solve this or is the contrast problem impossible to fix via settings alone (i.e. is the only way to view my pictures correctly by buying a new monitor) ?

calibration hardware helps, but it cannot do the impossible either. Maybe you could rent a calibrator plus software and try it out?

My local Calumet shop offers such service.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back