Not good at intros...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by lexic, Feb 22, 2010.

1. lexic

lexic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I never know what to say in an introduction post. I've always had a love of taking pictures from back in the Polaroid days and on. I've never had a "serious" film camera. I've been shooting digital since the late '90s.

I currently own a Canon Rebel XTi and a Powershot S90. (Unfortunately the S90 already is being replaced due to a lens error. I only got it last Friday.) I'm actually thinking about selling my XTi and all that goes with it. There's a long explanation...

I'm disabled due to a spinal cord injury suffered in a car accident when I was 15. I only have limited use of and a big loss of fine motor skills in my right hand. This means that most of my shooting is done on a tripod with a shutter release cable. It also means that it can be difficult to maneuver camera settings, buttons and wheels in a timely manner. My left hand is good, but it is not easy to control a camera left-handed. It's frustrating and I take less photos with the SLR than I had previously with point and shoots. But I've continued to do the best I could with it for the past few years.

Then the S90 came out. I decided to get the S90 because (along with all the other reasons it is a good camera) the wheel on the back (that others complain about being loose) is perfect for me. I can control it with my right hand. And... I can use it hand held because it is light enough. It's a win for me. In fact I'm so happy about it I've almost convinced myself to dump the XTi.

That's all I have to say. Guess it's a lot more than I thought when I started. ;)

Lexi

2. icassell

icassell TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF, lexi! Use what works for you. If the S90 encourages your photography and the XTi limits it, then stick with the S90! This is for enjoyment, right?

We look forward to seeing some images!

3. webmaster705

webmaster705 TPF Noob!

Welcome man, its a nice introduction, be with us and share your picture, we would love to see:)