Not lightning.

Andreal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we had a resonable small storm here today and I wsa like "cool my chance to get my first lightning shots!".

Unfortunatly by the time I got myself together and got my camera set up so that it was outside enough to not capture the sides of the house, but inside enough that it wasnt getting wet (a delicate balance let me assure you), the lightning had for the most part passed on and I only got a couple of pics of it in the distance :(.

I did however end up with this shot, I thought the night silhouetted tree was kinda cool in its own right :D

notlightning.jpg

I noticed that it looked REALLY dark at 800x600 so here's another with a bit of brightness added, I think they are both kinda interesting images :D

brighter.jpg

Neat shot! I like the second one a little better with the added brightness.

I like the first more because of the darkness, but I guess that's personal preference. All in all an interesting shot you got there, I really like lightning occuring inside clouds for the interesting colors and shapes it usually creates. You captured that quite well here.

In the end you HAVE captured lightning, after all, which is one photo (at least!) ahead of me. I never have so far. Never! And I like that this, for a change, is not the big bolt from cloud to ground, but one from cloud to cloud. It is different from the "usual" lightning pics (though I thoroughly admire those, too!!!!!!!!!!!) ... and I'm with Polygon: I prefer the darker one because of the darkness. The bright line given by the bolt of lightning forms such a nice diagonal line through the frame.

Thanks very much for the comments! Nice to hear positive things when your new to something :p

I also liked the first one but I posted the second because I thought people might find it too dark, the first has almost a creepy feel to it for me :p

It funny how at first I was like "Damn tree getting in my way" and then it changed to "Hey that tree actually looks kinda cool" :D

Most reactions

Back