Not much to shoot out here C&C

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not much out where Im currently living so I decided to use my jeep as the subject.

My own complaints: Halo effect, Purple sky in the upper right corner, and the grill of the jeep isnt lit how id like it. Not sure how to fix the halo and purple so if you want feel free to edit it :thumbup:

beyond that, what are yalls thoughts?

JeepInFieldHDR.jpg

I like the photo. The purple looks like flare almost, but I don't know where it could have come from. This is an HDR? Is that why there's a halo around the jeep?

Anyway, aside from some beefs with the processing, I like the shot. The jeep's colors match the surroundings pretty well. There's no sign of civilization, adding to the shot's theme (jeep, go anywhere type of thing).

I edited a bit to try and give it more punch. Brightened some of the jeep, attempted to fix halo (harder than I thought it would be) and gave it some contrast here and there. I also cloned out the license plate.

hB4UJ.jpg

Indeed it is HDR.

what are your beefs with the processing?

Also thanks for editing it. I like seeing other peoples take on the same subject.

what are your beefs with the processing?

Really just the halo and the inconsistency of the color in the sky (which my edit's increased contrast made worse in some spots), which I'm only assuming is from the processing. I don't see what could have caused a lens flare, like I said before, the sun looks to be behind you or to your right side - that leaves processing. I've had HDR do some strange things to what should be smooth gradients.

Yeah im not sure why it did it as well. It was a three shot HDR (would have done a 7 or so but my battery died after deciding to go beyond 3) and taken right before the sun set. Timing could have been off or maybe it was just Photomatix doing something odd or my own inexperience with HDR.

I had reset everything so that the grill would be facing the sun as well as the side but like I said before my battery died. Ill try and reshoot it tomorrow evening. Most likely Ill skip on the HDR though. Also need to touch up the paint on the jeep :lol:

If you re-do, definitely take the plate off. Only takes a few seconds but it looks a lot better I think. Good luck, hope you get a cool sky. I like that you stayed conservative with your tone mapping.

thanks. I was trying not to over do it.

Ill ditch the plate too. I had it off for six year in 3 different states and just a couple weeks ago I got pulled over for not having it on. So its just zip tied to the grill.

An off camera speedlight camera left would have done the trick of lighting the front of the jeep, with a single exposure.

More effective 'pop' too.

An off camera speedlight camera left would have done the trick of lighting the front of the jeep, with a single exposure.

that would have been nice. Even a reflector of some sort would have been useful. I think Im going to buy a big sheet of white board to keep around :lol:

that would have been nice. Even a reflector of some sort would have been useful. I think Im going to buy a big sheet of white board to keep around :lol:

Go to any auto parts store and buy several sun shades. They have the fold up type with reflective material on ones side (just don't get the bikini girl one) and dark on the other. They also have the fabric ones that you twist to get it to collapse for easy storage.

Thanks! Ill stop there on my trip into town. Pops wants me to take some pictures of his house :er:

Most reactions

Back