Not officially mine........ yet............... but.................

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
............... I'm seriously considering dropping the dime on it.

Cambo%204x5%20Rail.jpg

Cambo 4x5 monorail. Comes with a case, a Calumet 8½"[215mm]/4.8 (convertible to 14"[355mm]/10!) with an Ilex No 3 shutter and a Calumet 150mm/6.3 with Copal 0. Both lenses are on boards, and a reflex finder/focuser to boot. No film holders, but I have several now.

The only issue I can find so far is one of the springs that holds the back on is very very weak. This means the focus screen is not tight on one side, and it also won't hold the film holders in properly. But I think I can jerry-rig it until I can get a proper fix done.

I haven't tested the shutters for speed accuracy, nor actually run some film through to verify no light leaks, but the bellows is 100% good.

Not the Sinar P2 I've been asking Santa for, but this may satisfy my thirst for a 4x5 rail.

Looks good. Mine is all black (no silver rails). I also found my short rail and wide angle bellows. I was able to polish out all the scratches on the back of my fresnel screen with plastic polish and it looks great. Film and chemicals are on order. I also bought the Epson V800 (not the 850) scanner. You will find this has a clip at the back to put a protective cover over the focusing screen. I'm going to make a wood board that fits it to provide a safety net. I also have some metal screw on lens caps to protect the lens fronts if it ever falls over. Adorama had some spare lens boards for Cambo.

Good luck with this... :)

Checking for light leaks, I ran a single sheet through it.

Nikon%20Family%20Neg.jpg

Lookin' good!

Photo is my Nikon Family Portrait that will be posted in the Nikon forum.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So you've handled it? I've used Cambos similar to it. The movements are all friction locked, which is pretty annoying. But they're definitely inexpensive and this particular one looks pretty lightweight............!

It's sitting in my living room right now. So, yea, I've handled it.

I know it's not the Sinar P2 I want, but it still may do me just fine for what I want one for.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Love my cambo!

What lens is that? JML?

JML 8.25" f/8. barrel mounted. I use it in studio.

Setup the shot and strobes, cut all the lights off, open the film holder and trigger the strobes, then close the film holder and turn the lights back on.

I think I had that lens, or one very similar. They're crazy sharp. I used it with long exposures, just threw the dark cloth over the front standard and replaced the dark slide.

Most reactions

Back