Not quite sure where to post this...so...'Subdued'

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Kind of stumbled upon the process to get these effects...a bit of a softer lighting, with some subdued colouring. Please be brutally honest in criticism, and look not so much at the shot as the PS 'effect' :)

#1 - Favourite of the three
subdue1ar9.jpg

#2- Second favourite of the three
subdue2wz8.jpg

#3 - Third favourite of the three
subdue3hb5.jpg

I think it works well for #1. I would also like to see that one in a high contrast b/w :)

I like the effect most on #2. But the shadow on the wall just in front of the person is kind of distracting.

I personally don't care for #3. I can't really say why...just doesn't do anything for me, sorry. Maybe try that one in b/w?

#3 is my pick, I like it a lot, quieting.. I dont immediately see anyone on the bus, and it makes me wonder why.

Thanks alot, both. I wanted to get a bit of a range of different shot styles, colours, etc to work out the effect on...and the more I look at them, the more I like the first two, and the mroe I prefer the third one in its original, unsoftened-ish form.

Thanks nonetheless :)

#1 is great. the color effect works very well here. #2 doesn't do anything for me. #3 interesting angle.

Wonder why there is nobody on the bus? Simple. If somebody was on the bus, GoM would not have taken that picture from that angle. Try to image how it would look like while doing this...
Danny

i think 1 and 3 might work slightly better in b+w, and 3 shame you cut off the top of the tree, would have like to have seen all of it :)

I like 3 the most but it creeps me out thinking you may have to lay down on bus floor:confused: to get that shot

GoM,

can you post the originals as well as the alterations?
that way we can get a handle on how much your filter has changed the shots.

but the results look nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back