Not really my thing.. but would love some C&C

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was asked by a friend to take some photos of her models for an upcoming fashion designing comp. A lot of people admire my landscape work but then assume i can do modeling work.. when #1 i dont have a speed-light and #2 it was a night shoot. I gave it a go anyway, she seemed happy with the results so i guess that's what counts.. but then again, she's not a photography expert. Would love some opinions on these two photos.

I used the standard pop-up flash and a nikkor 18-55mm lens

dsc1010.jpg

dsc0963g.jpg

Thanks guys! :hug::

These are nicely exposed. Two changes I would make:
- find a way to separate the models from merging into the black.
- Think about varying the composition from almost middle placement of the eyes. Especially in the first pic, you end up with equal space on either side of the model.

Were they concerned about the fashion below the waist?

These are nicely exposed. Two changes I would make:
- find a way to separate the models from merging into the black.
- Think about varying the composition from almost middle placement of the eyes. Especially in the first pic, you end up with equal space on either side of the model.

Were they concerned about the fashion below the waist?
Affirmative. i just thought these two were the best from what i took. Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely try again in photoshop ;)

You know, I *really* like these (maybe it's the subject matter! :blushing:). I couldn't believe that they were taken with a pop-up flash. Maybe it works because it's a little gritty and I get the impression they were "caught in a flashlight"?

The only think I would say is, do you have any portrait-oriented ones (camera on its side)?

You know, I *really* like these (maybe it's the subject matter! :blushing:). I couldn't believe that they were taken with a pop-up flash. Maybe it works because it's a little gritty and I get the impression they were "caught in a flashlight"?

The only think I would say is, do you have any portrait-oriented ones (camera on its side)?
Thanks for the clearing up of what 'portrait-oriented' is :er:

Hahaha i guess from a males perspective you would appreciate the subject.. however they really didn't make my job very easy! (not being real models and all) but it was a good challenge.

To answer your question, yes i do have some portrait shots, i just thought these were the best out of the set. :thumbup:

Any other opinions, much appreciated :D

Thanks for the clearing up of what 'portrait-oriented' is :er:
:lol:

I used to take it for granted, but I soon got fed up of going back and explaining it! No offence meant :D

I think there great shots, Very nice job. I actually like the blending of the model and darker background on the second shot but needs a bit more separation on the first. Other than that not sure what else I would change if anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back