Not sleeping soggy ferrets!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Otherwise known as OTTERS - in this case asian short-clawed otters!

32919718325_8ebdd9ef63_b.jpg

32539441490_0a8f21b28d_b.jpg

32919723655_39173bd733_b.jpg

32795959551_699f61e0c4_b.jpg

All taken at Africa Alive - otherwise known as Kesingland Zoo.

As always any comments/crits welcome!

Water cat snakes! Their hands and fingers are much more human-like than I'd ever realized. Kinda freaky ;)

I thought the last shot was my favorite, but now I'm leaning towards the second-to-last.

Thanks all :)

They are really good with their paws and fingers! Before the feed they (there are two in the pen) were running around their enclosure squeaking away for food. One was passing a section of rocks and picked up a pebble; and despite being totally focused on squeaking and looking at people for food, was fiddling with the stone in its paw; clutching it up and even carrying it around for a bit. Much like you'd see someone chatting whilst fiddling with a pen.

Note - otters like stones and you can oft see them playing with them. Both as a toy, but also because they'll use them as a tool to bash on clams and other shellfishy things to get at the food within!

Otters!!!!! I absolutely love them. The second to last is my absolute favorite but it's a great set!

Thanks both :)

You know I wasn't happy with the second to last shot; pose is nice but there was a lot of foreground rock and foreground blurred objects really distract me visually - so it really heartening to hear several of you really liking that shot of them all!

The secret to getting them to go nuts is to feed them a treat (fish) every day at the same time (or so) the hour before they run around like nutters squeaking for their fish!

Very cool shots, that reminds me of a few shots I took of dwarf otters recently. I should go and edit them!

Oh you should, never seen dwarf otters!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back