Not so green

Tim Tucker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
LOL, communicating a lack of colour with B&W has to be a no-brainer!

But...

YeeHaa!!! First shots from the Linhof Technika Super IV as the German designers intended, with new bellows, (and a bit of vaseline), now fully functional. :)

With the day punctuated by a particularly painless mid day visit to the dentist I headed off with the newly fixed camera for some early afternoon shots. Fairly harsh light with a distant haze, I was looking for some close action rather than distant vistas and figured on some nice tree shots, as I'm sometimes inclined, but came across this distinct lack of trees. Both shot on FP4 Plus rated at 80ASA and developed in HC110 1+7 (1+31 from concentrate) for 8 mins. Lens and exposure details below each shot:

View attachment 126137

Caltar II N 150mm, f32 @ 1/4 sec with the +3 red filter.

View attachment 126140

Shot into the light with a Clarion G 240mm, f32 @ 1/2 sec +3 red filter.

Last edited:
I just want to fly or drive down to where ever you are and buy you a box of lucky charms, Qt of 100% wholesome D milk, share a bowl with you, and then slap you for the great artist you are. Flipping incredible.

I can't decide which one I like better. The images are both beautiful and ominous.

This is enough to send an environmentalist into a hysterical frenzy.

Terrific find, sir!

:) Thanks for the comments.

Great juxtaposition! We need more photos like those to motivate people!

Qt of 100% wholesome D milk, share a bowl with you

You had another run in with John Wayne? We drink whisky around here. ;)

I can't decide which one I like better. The images are both beautiful and ominous.

Aye, the first appeals to my 'Ansel' tonal sensibilities, but 2 is the one I wanted. Shooting towards the main bulk of the wind farm, not a tree standing, all completely replaced by turbines. But it meant shooting into the light, and I hate shooting into the light with film because it's so harsh. Fortunately it suits the subject, but even so I was thinking of returning in the morning. But on developing the neg the deep shadows on the stumps are essential in simplifying the shapes in the foreground, with the morning light on them it would just be a mass of contrast.

This is enough to send an environmentalist into a hysterical frenzy.

Funnily enough on that lonesome road, in the middle of nowhere, I did meet one who, shall we say, was not enthusiastic about find farms...

Great juxtaposition!

I had the definite feeling that the trees had been 'replaced'...

I just want to fly or drive down to where ever you are and buy you a box of lucky charms, Qt of 100% wholesome D milk, share a bowl with you, and then slap you for the great artist you are. Flipping incredible.
+1 and I'd fortified it with a boost of single malt.

Last edited:
+1 and I'd add a boost of single malt.

I don't know Gary, they're magically delicious and I did offer whole D milk, not the crap pictured.
IMG_20160817_173134500e.jpg

LOL, in a carton? My brother-in-law is a dairy farmer, when he runs out of milk he picks up the jug and walks out the back door.

LOL, in a carton? My brother-in-law is a dairy farmer, when he runs out of milk he picks up the jug and walks out the back door.

ooooh how I would love to milk a cow... I would take a pic too... probably a bad one...

Most reactions

Back