Not sure if this - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is considered abstract or what. C&C welcome.

feather.jpg

Out here in BC, we call them 'feathers'! :p

I like it; I think it needs a touch more contrast however, as it's very mid-tone rich. It would also be nice to see the whole thing in focus, OR shoot it from a slightly different perspective so that it vanished into the image.

To me it is hard to figure out what is going on. Is the feather above water or ...? I love the idea though. It is nice to try something new once in a while.

I think it's a table top, or something similar made of wood, with a nice shiny clear coat on it. If you look closely, you can almost make out the wood grain. Or it's a piece of glass on a table top.

Last edited:
The feather is sitting atop a highly polished or uber polyurethaned wood surface. The grain is a tell.

Nice one Ron.

You guys are pretty good. It is glass over a wood tabletop in front of a widow. The pic was zoomed in from about 5' away using only the natural back lighting from the window.
Hand held
ISO 100
f 3.5
t 1/250

You guys are pretty good. It is glass over a wood tabletop in front of a widow. The pic was zoomed in from about 5' away using only the natural back lighting from the window.
Hand held
ISO 100
f 3.5
t 1/250

I've got an inside source. ;)

Most reactions

Back