Not sure what these are called but they sure were pretty

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really liked these when I saw them but was disappointed with the shots when I uploaded them. Difficult to get a good composition with the low sun on one side and a busy street on the other plus trying to crop and process for both the delicate buds and petals and the spiny-ness of the rest of the plant. I'm not familiar with what type of flower they are???? Hopefully someone will chime in.

heavy crop but I loved the colors in the flower and the bokeh
Pink3 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

too spiney
Pink1 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

too much hot spot
Pink2 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Wow . . . I always thought they were flowers.;)

Pretty ones, too.

#1 for me, though I might have cropped a little tighter on the top and left. I'm so envious of all the great flower shots of late. It's been so hot and dry here that flowers have just given up for the year.

Nice. Those are the hardest flowers for me to capture. I have taken many pics of them and never liked the way they come out. They always seem to blend in to surroundings. However, I am gonna pluck one of them and shoot it in the studio one day. You adequately separated them from their surroundings, well done.

Cleome hassleriana

Thanks for identifying them.

Backlighting and flowers should be a redundant photographic term.

Sorry Gary - usually I get you but I had a long day. I'm assuming you mean it's been done to death?

I don't think he meant that at all, I think he was saying this is how it should be done.

I definitely like your take on his comment better than mine!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back