Not Susan Druet

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to capture the essence of a small, old, inner city graveyard very near where I work. I've taken several shots, I'm still not happy with the results but this is getting near. It's got a kind of 'snaggletooth' look about it and most of the tombstones are worn with age. I'm not allowed in to the actual area with the graves as they are fenced off. Perhaps I should just jump the fence and be done with it :greenpbl:

OK, I'm no Jon Mikal but I'd like some constructive feedback please :mrgreen:

graves.jpg

Cheers,

Mohain

I also like the tones on the stones, but I don't care for the green too much. I think this would look better with a dark layer, or as a b/w. I think a good b/w conversion, one where you don't lose the detail that you've captured on the stones , would do this shot justice.

Very cool....nice shot.
Not a lot of room left in this place either.
Love the tones you capture, but I think it might be better without the green as well. These are really unique stones, and I think would look better in totaly B & W

graves_1.jpg

Hmm, looks better but I have lost some of the tonal detail. Think I still need to keep trying.

Thanks for the input :)

Mohain

I really love the shot just the way you posted it. There is something unbelievably creepy about the tones on the stones. Wow. I love it.

I'm not so sure which i prefer, if it were my image it would be one of those ones i'd keep playing with, untill im 100% happy. Its a tricky one tho, think what i'd try is, using the top one, desaturate a little more so you can barely see the green. I would also be tempted to crop the right side off...just off the side of the right hand grave in the forground.
However i'm not suggesting to do that and it would work, but its something i would try just to see if it has a good effect on the picture.
BTW i do like it a lot, and think its worth further editing, the b+w isn't quite working for me. Great shot tho :thumbup:

hmmm... I really like both color & b&w too. I agree with everyone about the green and Archangel about desaturating a tad to lessen the green but still a nice photo the way it is! Great job!

Thanks for the coments :) Archangel, I'm going to take your comment into account and have another play, thanks (I think desaturating the green only would help) :mrgreen:

Raymond J Barlow said:
cool shot, I like the b/w, and the old faded stones really make the shot., all you need it there is a crow.

Haha! As it happened as I was pulling the camera out of the bag a crow flew down and settled on one of the stones! I nearly had a heart attack!! Before I'd even got in position he'd had flown off. To be replaced by a squirrel. Hardly the same impact :er:

Thanks for the comments.

Mohain

I like both shots. I noticed that there's a large tombstone cut off in the top of the picture, maybe you could try to focus on that since it's in contrast to the rest of the small rectangular graves. Just a thought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back