Not too sure about this one.

I saw this last night on my phone and I had no idea what it was lol

on the computer I see it.

The water and faucet head is very interesting.
The plastic part above the head that is angled not so much. The window brightness takes your eyes away from the main subject a bit.

Maybe crop the top a bit and someone an angle that did not contain the faucet handle in the background.
maybe shoot from the side as you can then control the background better. Like maybe put OOF glasses to the side of it, so the subject isn't smack in the middle of the photo.
Hi Astro,

Sounds like a cool idea putting the OOF glasses in the back f the image. I'm definitely going to have to try that. Maybe some wine glasses.

There is too much in the image and it makes the subject look "everyday and ordinary". Personally I find the whole plastic ball head detail mundane.
I would be tempted to concentrate and compose a new image of just the water and the handle. Loose the faucet and let the viewer figure it out.
View attachment 99573
Hi Tim,,
Thanks for the C&C.
I hear what you are saying. More of the allure of what could be there than showing the whole image. Let the viewer take a ride on the imagination.
I like it :trink39:

The lighting is killing this shot. The bright window area, the window pane, and the strong horizontal boards, with highlights on their tops, the dark water faucet piece, and the light coming in so brightly from behind is making the background, the out of focus part of the scene, the best lighted. That why the heavy crop works...it eliminates all that background distraction.

The lighting is killing this shot. The bright window area, the window pane, and the strong horizontal boards, with highlights on their tops, the dark water faucet piece, and the light coming in so brightly from behind is making the background, the out of focus part of the scene, the best lighted. That why the heavy crop works...it eliminates all that background distraction.
I guess the 3 rules to a strong image are "simplify, simplify, simplify".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back