Not Utopia

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There are so many things in society that I just don't get along with, and sometimes I wish I could just go live in the wilderness and fend for myself. Ostracize myself from modern society and it's many flaws. But even if I did, civilization will always be enchroaching.

I'd love to hear any and all comments and criticisms about both the photo and the concept/meaning that I attempted to portray with it.

not_utopia.jpg

The technical details: Digital Rebel, ISO 100, 17mm at f/2.8, 1 minute 59 seconds. Some minor PS work evening the exposure and boosting the saturation.

Oh - that's beautiful!!!

If you were trying to show that you were enjoying nature as life modern life passed you by and went on, you succeeded. :D

Thanks Photogoddess :) I was really trying to show that you can't go out and enjoy nature anymore without modern life passing by, but I like your point of view as well :)

I can also relate pretty well to this picture. It does seem there really aren't many places one can go to leave civilization behind for awhile. It's a great picture but the story behind it makes it stand out even more.

in my opinion it more shows nature and modern life together- one side you have a real nice looknig lake and more nature- and then...a road? that does seem like itr would be a good spot to just relax, except you have a busy road next to you....

Great shot. Beautifully presented. Well done.

i know what you mean. many times i thought the same and i stil do.

the photo is great, the character is looking from the busy side of the road at the beautiful nature and wishing to be there.

great.

I almost missed this post. I'm SO glad I saw it! That is an amazing photo, and I think you hit your objective head on. Keep up the great work!

just for reference and to see how much of this is PS work, could you post the original? i am a huge fan of PS and am learning my way through! Excellent work sir!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back