Nothing Arty Here Just MTB Trials Riding

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks, I apologise for the lack of quality photos in this thread but I have just got back from the Mountain Biking UK Urban Tour day in a town near me.

I'm a bit star struck, I met Martyn Ashton and Danny Holroyd, arguably some of the best trials riders in the UK if not the world. And I got some photo's some on my digital point and shoot as shown below and some on 35mm.

Anyway here they are:

2237DSC00851.JPG

Danny Holroyd

2237DSC00853.JPG

Martyn Ashton (riding with an injury)

2237DSC00849.JPG

Both of them taking a breather.

Really cool to see Martyn riding again. He broke his back last year right when he was getting Ashton Bikes up and going. Danny Holroyd has wowed just about everyone in the trials community for years with his Trials Kings videos. Now the French seem to have taken over however with UCI style comp bikes.

Anyway, looks like typical UK weather so you're not going to see how shiney those bikes really are :wink:

It transpires having spoken to martyn that he has an arm injury at the moment as well, so while it's good to see him back I hope he's back in true form asap.

I don't think i would be doing tricks with wet ground. I would fall forsure!

they get paid a lot to do this though ;) And martyn gets his very own animal van for the tour!

Ashton Trials Bikes.

They are designed and built by the guy in the red shirt. Being trials bikes they usually have little or no seat and small wheels. But in all other respects they are similar to any other high end mountain bike.

Most reactions

Back