Nothing like experimentin'

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just messing with some over-processed looks.

3461017199_64bb8c684c_b.jpg

EDIT: NEW BNW:

3463126065_41fe12fdb4_o.jpg

Last edited:
As you're saying: there is nothing like experimenting. True, true. Explore all the paths.
For me personally ... it hurts my eyes. But I still applaud your idea and desire to experiment, and creativity to go this way and that way!

I kinda like it. Has a surreality about it.

As you're saying: there is nothing like experimenting. True, true. Explore all the paths.
For me personally ... it hurts my eyes. But I still applaud your idea and desire to experiment, and creativity to go this way and that way!

Yeah the thought process here was to break the rules a bit, where normally the subject (the model) is perfectly in focus and the rest is sort of just there... instead I made sure she was a bit blurry but the clouds and leaves fought for attention, but since she's in the Ro3rds area she becomes the focus again.

Of course, I was GOING for an overall pleasing to look at, yet eye catching photo, so if It's annoying than that was certainly not the right thing to do.

Ya know RM (can I call you RM? :D), I have started to get a little excited every time I see a new post by you. You have a ton of great shots on your Flickr page, so you obviously have talent, but when you post your experiments on TPF it shows a level of vulnerability and humility that many here, including myself, do not possess. It seems the more folks know the less apt they are to admit that they, too, are still learning. I appreciate you putting yourself out there in pursuit of the art. Well done!

I don't think this image is too far off the mark really. I think if you cut back the processing on the young lady a tad (maybe just oversaturated a bit?) you'd have a winner. Thanks for sharing!

Wow I really appreciate that comment. I understand how hard it can be for us to share our work, even our BEST work, and openly let people comment on it. When we're starting out it seems easier, because we're looking for those golden nuggets of compliments, even among a sea of un-flattering responses.

These experimentations are just that, ideas, experimenting with post processing, concepts, etc. I hope that if nothing else, I get some feedback that can lead me in the right direction!

EDIT: Oh and my smoke experiments worked out so well that I sold some prints!

That might actually look really cool in BW.

Most reactions

Back