Nothing Like Mom's Shoulders

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just sharing :D. For all the natural light shooters out there, a window can make a good catchlight effect. For this it was a sliding door so it was somewhat a bit too big. You can always move the subject back and forth to get the results you want if the space is available.

3889274584_ec1c38bd07_o.jpg

Happy shooting!

That's cool, it's like you captured two different expressions in each eye. I think there's too much blur on the his/her face. Looking at it closely looks more post processed then naturally diffused light.

That's cool, it's like you captured two different expressions in each eye. I think there's too much blur on the his/her face. Looking at it closely looks more post processed then naturally diffused light.

Whats happening ocular!

I just increased the blacks in Raw a tiny bit. Exported it to photoshop and did minor colour corrections and then I sharpened. No retouching at all just colour management. But you're right his skin is soft and was out of focus because of the thin DOF and partly because of the overexposed look. After sharpening a bit the eyes just popped and thats with sharpening the whole image.

edit: btw he's not even ten days old which also might explain the very smooth skin.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try that.

It's cute and nicely done. It's clearly "an effect" and one I wouldn't choose myself, but it's very well put together and if you like that effect a definite keeper. I stared at it for quite a while thinking about it... very interesting.

Thanks for sharing, camz.

Is that your kid? TINY! If so, must be brand new. Congrats! :)

I'm gonna try that.

Oc, I recommend even smaller windows with your classical rembrandt lighting. You can also get in between your subject and the window to reduce the size of the catch light reflection in the eyes.

I'm gonna try that.
It's cute and nicely done. It's clearly "an effect" and one I wouldn't choose myself, but it's very well put together and if you like that effect a definite keeper. I stared at it for quite a while thinking about it... very interesting.

Thanks for sharing, camz.

Is that your kid? TINY! If so, must be brand new. Congrats! :)

It was supposedly a maternity shoot that turned into a newborn shoot because of the early delivery. So the baby was less then ten days old at the time.

For meeh, no more kids b/c that just takes away from the LFC(Lens Foundation for Cameron) :lol:....I already have two little ones :D

hahah... roger. Tooooooootally understand the kid vs. camera thing. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back