Notice : On editing other peoples photos on the forum

Dont lurk then. You want the benfits of the forum without being an activeparticipant. Why should you be rewarded? ( I mean you in a general sense ). Takes two seconds to inquire, should you find the need.

Nothing takes two seconds.

I did not know that the rules of the forum were strictly for active participants.
Maybe you should post that as a sticky so lurkers can actively make a decision to join based on such drivel. This way we will not disturb your existence.

Help:
1: to give assistance or support to
2a: to make more pleasant or bearable

Merriam-Webster's Eleventh Edition

I will say for myself that I am both a lurker and a poster and I learn a lot from other people's posts. If not then we would all have to make our own threads and that would be a bit repetitive I think. I just get tired of the..."I don't like this"..no reasons why. When I post a thread I don't do so just for a "hey that looks great!" or for a stupid joke on the subject or a "I don't like it." I spend a good bit of time in my original posts to show what has concerned myself and ask to have somethings point out that I may have not seen. That way I feel like I lay out the road for someone to help me out. Hopefully it does.

Lurkers need to learn from the other threads and pictures within those threads..if not I think there will be a hundred threads saying the same thing since learning as a lurker is "wasteful time."

Dont lurk then. You want the benfits of the forum without being an activeparticipant. Why should you be rewarded? ( I mean you in a general sense ). Takes two seconds to inquire, should you find the need.

Nothing takes two seconds.

I did not know that the rules of the forum were strictly for active participants.
Maybe you should post that as a sticky so lurkers can actively make a decision to join based on such drivel. This way we will not disturb your existence.

Help:
1: to give assistance or support to
2a: to make more pleasant or bearable

Merriam-Webster's Eleventh Edition
we arent talking about a rule of the forum, we are discussing overreads recommendation for participants. Its fine to lurk, but dont piss and moan because people arent catering to an imaginary person who may or may not be there. Thats absurd. You get what you put into this forum. Thats how a community works. If you just want to read or watch, go to youtube or buy a book. Active participation is required to have effective dialog and to best help posters, which is what the OP is talking about in this thread. So spare me your sarcastic drivel. Are we just to magically know when a lurker has been satisfied? Should each member post every bit of knowledge in ever single post, just in case? Your claim was asenine, dont make me a bad guy because I called you on it. If you lurk, then you take whats given. As for newbie lurkers, seeing an OP being helped by multiple people is what should make them join.

I should add, that I am in no way against lurking, we have all done it. I wouldnt complain about not learning anything though if all I did was lurk.

I wouldnt complain about not learning anything though if all I did was lurk.

And if you did, how would we know... Wonder how many lurkers are complaining but we don't know because they only lurk... If they did complain, to the community, then they wouldn't only be lurking... Does this then make their complaint valid? Making my head hurt.

Most reactions

Back