novice looking for brutal critiquing

Keta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ketadesign.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A while ago I asked for advice on framing / composition; I hope I have learned a thing or two from the responses!
This is an extension of the same question . . . I'm basically looking for all and any kind of critique / advice / suggestions. This is a pic of my town on a semi-cloudy afternoon; I was going for a certain effect of depth / space + keeping the stronger foreground of the soccer players.

But I really don't know what the hell I am doing! Minor tinkering in PhotoShop re: light-contrast values and colour saturation.

vanjune.jpg

(if you think this sucks really bad, please forgive me. Generally I take pics of eagles flying by so I'm not used to actually being able to compose a shot!)

c_3.jpg

Put them in the Photo Critique section, you'll get the appropriate attention there.

The first photo desperately needs a polarizer, that will cut down the overblown sky. You could use a wider aperature (lower f stop) to blur the background slightly to put the focus more on the soccer players.

Good luck and look forward to the results.

Hmm, searched 'polarizer' in this forum, which didn't really explain to me what it is (although I picked up some good info on other stuff!). Found this link in google . . .
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/do-you-really-need-circular-polarizer.html

Interesting. Fascinating, actually. I'm going to read up more on general photography (and equipment) for now rather than pushing myself to learn through trial & error as much as I can.
That way I won't get discouraged / frustrated.

Thanks!

I like the concept for the shots :D
But I have to agree about the polarizer, also I agree about tinkering with the aperature, sometimes it can work wonders! :)

OK! I'll be getting the polarizer / filter thing, then go down to the beach this weekend to try different aperature settings.

I will be subjecting you to the results, so be prepared! :lol:

thanks for all the tips so far.

-Keta

Most reactions

Back