Novice seeking critique

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Erikir, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Erikir

Erikir TPF Noob!

Being that this is my first post here, I hope I manage to do the image posting correctly.

I can't believe how much fun photography is... I wish I had gotten into this years ago.

Here goes :)

These photos are taken with a Cannon EOS Rebel X that I recently inherited. The camera came with 28-55mm and 75-300 af lenses, a polarizer and a pair of uv filters. After a little reading here, I'm thinking a tripod purchace is in my near future.

--

This is taken somewhere in Nevada.
    [​IMG]

This one was taken on a sand dune in Oregon. I would have liked for it to come out clearer, and it could probably use a little cropping. Something is just not quite right with it.
    [​IMG]

Just because everyone seems to like this one best of my vacation photos, here's another dune pic. Other than the colours, I don't care for it that much. (That white smudge just above the dunes is the moon :p)
    [​IMG]

This was taken at an Oregon beach and very nearly resulted in me and my camera getting wet :p
    [​IMG]

2. photong

photong Typo Queen

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    very nice man!

what film is that and such?? the colours are GREAT!

sorry i dont know if that camera is film or digital :/

i love them. the second one and the last one are the best! :love:

3. Erikir

Erikir TPF Noob!

It's a film camera and had 200 film in it... brand name started with v?

I don't know what settings I used - I think they were all on landscape mode except the second one, which I think was on automatic... Now that I"m armed with alittle more info, next time I'll go out with a notepad and do everything on manual.

4. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

Great colors. The third is great. But my favorite would be the first with a little less forground. More focus on the rock and sky. However the framing was nice.

5. Phodog

Phodog TPF Noob!

Really nice - very vibrant colours - did you use any filters on the desert shots? You should start using chroma film - if you haven't already - I suggest Fuji Velvia 50. Also be careful when shooting around sand - those small particles get in the damdest of places and can really do a number on a lens.
    I'd love to see more