NoviceAttempt

Motcon,

Great stuff. I like it, and think you do a very good job of analyzing and describing perception of form.

Looking forward to your posts in the future.

Geezzzzzzzz! It's snap of dog! A nice snap... but merely a snapshot. The maker is looking for a bit of endearment... some affirmation. Everything good about the image is a result of the camera's abilities and random luck.

Nice goin', amusiqsollov! I look forward to your next post.

Pete

Geezzzzzzzz! It's snap of dog! A nice snap... but merely a snapshot. The maker is looking for a bit of endearment... some affirmation. Everything good about the image is a result of the camera's abilities and random luck.

Nice goin', amusiqsollov! I look forward to your next post.

Pete
I disagree Pete. (Wow, that NEVER happens!) It's NOT a snap at all. Frankly I think with the equipment and experience if really quite wonderful.

I harshly disagree that art can be turned into a science with graphs and markers. Utterly ridiculous IMO, although I do have to appreciate Motcom's post.
To me, this is not a snap at all. It's a wonderful personality photo of a great friend.

I disagree Pete. (Wow, that NEVER happens!).

I KNOW!

What made me say this is the statment in the origianl post:

NoviceAttempt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first photo I took with my new Canon Rebel.

We've all done this. Open the box, charge the battery, swing up the camera and.... snap.

i sincerely doubt that anyone has been holding his/her breath as two full days without oxygen can't be all that healthy.

from my past experiences, very few people care about reading such critiques. the reasons have been and are many:

"it's my photograph and i don't care what anyone else thinks"

"the guidelines of art are meant to be broken, (my words - even though i don't know the guidelines)"

"i managed to view the first mark up and read the first paragraph, but can't be bothered to read the rest. can you make it shorter?"

"this is photography, not art. (my words -let me take my pictures and let the artists worry about creating highly presentable pieces of work)

"just who do you think you are, anyway? (my words - i haven't bothered to do any research about the material that you present; i'd rather spend my time doing frivolous things and put forth an ad hominem remark in hopes of putting you on the defensive)

it's the same. everywhere. with everything, not just photography.

i do it because the marriage of art and photography is, to me, probably the most fortunate thing that has ever happened in my life and i love to view other's work, do critiques, and create my own work.

no breath holding here. sure, there are some who are interested and i appreciate them to no end. the majority of people take a laissez-faire approach to these sorts of things...

..and you know what? that is perfectly fine in my world because i get to do one of the things that i most love.

I am new to this forum; however, I do appreciate substantive critiques of shots. Whether I disagree or agree doesn't matter. I can view the shot and read/study the critiques and learn a whole lot about how to improve or reach goals for my own photography.

I guess what I am saying is that even if the person seeking the critique doesn't fully appreciate the advice, others do like myself.

WOW, motcon, that critique makes me feel bad as I feel so lazy now! Lots of my critique is just one or two lines.

Most reactions

Back