Now all I need is to remember where my bike is?

kittymaguire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cameraaperture.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1469940172_7ba7fac966_b.jpg

Grappig! Looks like my train station fiestenstalling.

This was an overwhelming thing for me to experience when I first moved here. All the bikes seemed to look alike to me. Luckily, I installed the clapper on mine.

Grappig! Looks like my train station fiestenstalling.

This was an overwhelming thing for me to experience when I first moved here. All the bikes seemed to look alike to me. Luckily, I installed the clapper on mine.

Thats funny. i use to live in Germany and at the train station every morning there were tons of bikes. Don't know how they could find their bikes like that. Now I know they must of had something simular to the clapper. LOL:lol:

Thats funny. i use to live in Germany and at the train station every morning there were tons of bikes. Don't know how they could find their bikes like that. Now I know they must of had something simular to the clapper. LOL:lol:

They grew up with it! It's like us Americans trying to find our car in a multi-story parking lot. We just know. :lol:

*sorry to hijack*

I got a dumb question...what's a clapper? Is that anything like the 'clap-on, clap off' for your lights? ;)

Yes. That's it. Bikes here have a front and back light. I liken it to pressing the key unlock on your key chain for your car. Since I don't own a car....it's CLAP ON! *clap clap!*

So then what happens if half of the bikes have clappers on 'em? It'd be like a Christmas light show. ;)

This is a really cool photo, btw..Don't mean to hijack.

Ah..you see....clapper technology is not available here in the Netherlands. I had to bring it over myself from California. Everyone knows me in town as the 'flashy American'.

That's not a lot of bikes. Trust me. The poster lives in Amsterdam. They could get photos that show five times that amount. ;)

doenoe...the handlebars? (I like how you used 'steer'...cute.) I didn't notice that till you mentioned it. I don't know how many times I've had to untangle my bike from others who have parked inside of the spokes of my wheels!

yeah, handlebars....was thinking stuur, became steer.
Dont have to untangle mine very often, but i do wanna say that i hate the bikes with the handbrakes, freakin cables everywhere.

You would hate my bike then. *big grin* What's the alternative? Foot brakes? I haven't owned a bike like that since I was a kid (and that's been a looooong time). Ah. Het Nederlandse woord voor handlebars is stuur. Dat wist ik niet! Ik leer iets nieuw elke dag!

There are a lot of bikes here that you have to peddal backwards to brake. The picture represents about 1/8 of the bikes that are parked outside the railway station and that does not include the 'fietsenstalling' on the other side of Amstel station.

Most reactions

Back