Now I am growing agrivated

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is bull ****, Can some one explain why this happened.

Untitled_2-1.jpg

Now I can understand when the final frame gets snipped short or gets messed up in some way, but this is not the final frame....the final frame seems to have dissappeared somewhere between my camera and the processing lab, along with half of the first frames. As you can see, the lower corner of the frame just did not process at all.

Gahhhh, I am about to file for a loan and start a lab of my own, there are no relyable labs with in 50 miles of me and frankly I am getting tired of complaining.

It looks like someone took a bite out of the negative. Can you put up a picture of the negative?

It looks like someone took a bite out of the negative. Can you put up a picture of the negative?

I will not be able to do it untill later but I can.

The negitive in the aria that is white is completely unprocessed, it still holds it's original opaque yellow brown coloration.

Thats pretty weird. Where are you getting them developed?

I use a send out lab called Quallex, They handle just about everything around here sendout wise.

what makes matters worse, is the fact the local drugstore can't keep their one hour machine running for more than an hour...in other words the peice of junk needs to be replaced but they are too cheap to do it.

They send out a couple hundred rolls of film a week atleast, just because their one hour lab is not operational.

I would still send out if their mini lab was working properly just because. Still I feel that the sendout lab is making mistakes and or delays that they should not be as it is now.

battou, in the pic in the first post, it looks like the corner on the print is physically missing, like it has been cut out. is that what has happened? It's a bit hard to see....

battou, in the pic in the first post, it looks like the corner on the print is physically missing, like it has been cut out. is that what has happened? It's a bit hard to see....

The picture in the first post is a neg scan fron the negitive seen in the sixth post, No there was no print from this one at all if I recall correctly, even than that is how the scanner read the negitive.

You know, the part that is un-developed looks like something was attached to it, like a piece of tape or something. Weird looking.

I had the same thought, but I can not fathom why any one would put a peice of tape on to a negitive prior to processing, not to mention why it would be so large as to kill off the entire frame of the film that came after that one.

Is this the first frame on the roll? I think you said it was not the last. The only thing I can come up with is that maybe it is the piece of tape that is oringinally on the roll when they manufacture it. But that is usually the last bit of film on the roll, not the first. Beats the hell out of me.

Geez, you live in New York? There has to be someplace around you that can process film properly.

Is this the first frame on the roll? I think you said it was not the last. The only thing I can come up with is that maybe it is the piece of tape that is oringinally on the roll when they manufacture it. But that is usually the last bit of film on the roll, not the first. Beats the hell out of me.

Geez, you live in New York? There has to be someplace around you that can process film properly.

this was the next to last frame, I distenctly remember firing off two shots of this truck, the first one was serious, the second was just to kill off the roll as I was alredy on my way to send two other rolls at the time.

It was an abrieviated roll of film, twelve frames from what was originally 36 frame roll.

That's it right there....It was not the processors, it was company who abrieviated the roll of film....It has to be.

It's the only explination I can come up with as to why there would be tape on film prior to processing....the idiots must taping the film to the spool, but even then that is an awful lot of tape to go over an entire frame worth of film and into the next.

I used to process all my B&W film myself, years ago. And I also used to bulk load my film from 100 foot rolls. I used masking tape to attache the end of the roll to the spool. Sometimes, I would use too much tape and when I processed the film, a little piece of tape would still be stuck on the end. When I would peel away the tape, it would look almost identical to what you are getting. Still, it is odd that it is only on one side of the frame. I don't know, but that is what it looks like to me, is some type of tape being left on the film. Hope you figure it out. I know it must be frustrating as hell.

I used to process all my B&W film myself, years ago. And I also used to bulk load my film from 100 foot rolls. I used masking tape to attache the end of the roll to the spool. Sometimes, I would use too much tape and when I processed the film, a little piece of tape would still be stuck on the end. When I would peel away the tape, it would look almost identical to what you are getting. Still, it is odd that it is only one side of the frame. I don't know, but that is what it looks like to me, is some type of tape being left on the film. Hope you figure it out. I know it must be frustrating as hell.

I have done some bulk loading my self, I always used notched spools It's really not that hard pair of scisors and a hole punch and it stays fast, and never had any problem with it that required taping it to the film.

Yeah actually, but the tape is what creates the white lines above the mark, the ones that run threw the building in the background, this I have seen a couple times before, but it has never hurt the image, I just remove it and go usually.

It almost seems that if they had a short roll, that there was not enough to grab onto the spool, and they taped it to it. Know what I mean?

Most reactions

Back