Now it's Time for Males of the Red-Winged Species

Olcoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicendeavors.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had such a fun time shooting and posting shots of the Female Red-Winged Black Birds a few days ago that I went back to the lake yesterday morning and this time it was the males that were abundant and eager to pose for the camera. As always constructive critiques and all comments are appreciated.

(1)
p133317794-5.jpg

(2)
p118860594-5.jpg

(3)
p198233986-5.jpg

(4)
p472862924-5.jpg

(5)
p6943466-5.jpg

Amazing shots! love em!

I love Red Wings and always have a heck of a time getting good pix of them. Yours are stupendous. Thanks for sharing.

Ian

A very difficult bird to photograph. At least for me anyways. I always have a hard time retaining detail in the black feathers, whilst not blowing out the background. They are all great but my favs are the first one in both posts.

Derrick

Great shots - if you have a feeder - these birds love grape jelly! Got some great shots myself as a result.

I love Red Wings and always have a heck of a time getting good pix of them. Yours are stupendous. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks icassel, your comments are appreciated, and I agree they can be har to photograph as they never sit still

Ian

nice shots, good job!
clear.gif
Thank Ian

Great shots - if you have a feeder - these birds love grape jelly! Got some great shots myself as a result.

Stock Photo, thanks for comments, I do have a feeder set up with jelly but I have never seen these guy on this feeder but the Baltimore Orioles love it. See my other post http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nature-wildlife/164926-warning-birds-gone-wild-jelly.html#post1601836

Wow...great views here. Well done!

Most reactions

Back