Now, on to the light meter...

Andie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Getting my list ready to take care of my lighting situation. I am going with the Alien Bees beginner bee package to start. Now, light meter. Does anyone have any experience or any feedback on this particular one? It's pretty inexpensive compared to the other ones, but I'm hoping this would be an okay one at least to start out with.

http://porters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=170094&Category_Code=F3K&Product_Count=1

Just want to say that you are the most helpful bunch of folks! Most other websites (not necessarily photo related) don't treat the newbies and the less experienced that well, but all my questions here get happily answered and I appreciate it! :hail:

I've never heard of Interfit...so I don't know anything about it. The brands I see most are Sekonic & Minolta...I think Weston is a good/pro brand as well.

One thing I did notice...is that's it's a 'Flash only' meter.

Most flash meters will also act as light meters as well. This would be handy for measuring the ambient light, so you can adjust your strobes accordingly...or just for when you are shooting without flash. I'd suggest looking for one that does both flash and ambient. Although that one may be OK for starters...but it would be a waste if you are just going to upgrade later.

I got a used Vivitar meter on E-bay or $30 CDN.

Big Mike said:
I've never heard of Interfit...so I don't know anything about it. The brands I see most are Sekonic & Minolta...I think Weston is a good/pro brand as well.

One thing I did notice...is that's it's a 'Flash only' meter.

Most flash meters will also act as light meters as well. This would be handy for measuring the ambient light, so you can adjust your strobes accordingly...or just for when you are shooting without flash. I'd suggest looking for one that does both flash and ambient. Although that one may be OK for starters...but it would be a waste if you are just going to upgrade later.

I got a used Vivitar meter on E-bay or $30 CDN.

Good catch! Thank you, I didn't even notice that. My brain isn't functioning on full power today I don't think....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back