NowPublic.com??

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got this mail in my flickr box. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NowPublic), it's a "user-generated social news website." and "Time magazine named NowPublic.com one of the Top 50 websites of 2007."

Has anyone any idea if this is legit, or a scam??

edit: I should point out that the removed links below are www.NowPublic.com/import/ with some numbers and stuff after the /.

"Hi tkmonkey,

Here's a personal note from rpshen:

Hi there,

We at NowPublic are working on coverage of eco-tourism's effect on wildlife, and we are putting together a collection of photos. We came across your amazing photo on Flickr and it would be a great addition to our story. We would very much appreciate its use, with proper credit to you of course.

If you would like to contribute it to us, please click on the link below. Feel free to place the appropriate credit in the comments field of the story after you have approved the request. If you run into any problems, feel free to contact me at [removed].

Sincerely,
Ruoping

please click on this link - where you can approve or reject its use:

[removed]

NowPublic is a news sharing community that uses stories, photos, & videos from sources like you.

If you would like to learn more about this request, and the context in which your photo might be used, click on this link:

[removed, same link as above]

If you do give your permission, your photo will always remain your property, and whatever license you have specified will follow its use on NowPublic.com

If you have any concerns about this, please contact our Quality Assurance Coordinator at [removed]
"

Thanks.

Interesting... is it just a way to scam rights use to images or is there something more I wonder? Thanks for posting!

Interesting... is it just a way to scam rights use to images or is there something more I wonder? Thanks for posting!

Don't know, but I don't plan to be the guinea pig either :) It was fishy from the start, which is why I asked here. Follow up research pointed all fingers to scam.

Shame too. Got me a little excited :)

Most reactions

Back