(NSFW) Few from some recent shoots

Silverback

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
It's been a while since my last post as I have been really busy with work, planning my wedding, moving house and loads of photo shoots.

This isn't ideal as the reason I post is to get comments and feedback to help me learn and get better as a photographer.

Here are a few photos from some recent shoots and I would be over the moon if you could take the time to offer comments and advice.

Laura_001.jpg

Stacey_001.jpg

Stacey_002.jpg

Stacey_008.jpg

Sam_003.jpg

Jade_007.jpg

Jade_012.jpg

Jade_Stripped.jpg

I like the lighting in all of them, but I think #'s 1,2,3, and 5 would look even better with a little more light from the top so their hair doesn't disappear into the background.

If I had to choose favorites, I'd have to say #3 and #6 are the best IMHO.

They're a little bit crap. Did you ever talk to Ryan?

They're a little bit crap. Did you ever talk to Ryan?
A tad harsh, good job I have thick skin :lol:
No, as I say, I haven't had a lot of time on line with everything going on in the real world.
I will look him up now if you would be so good as to let me know his screen name?

Hmmm... I'm not sure the style's to my taste, but IMO, they're very well done.
Cheers for the feedback buddy :thumbup:
You say it's not to your taste, is that glamour/portrait stuff or something about my pics in particular?

Well, I for one am a big fan!!!

I'm still a newbie at all this, so take my "critique" with a grain of salt!! ;O)

In #1 the beads look a bit more in focus than the face to me....but I love the lighting!

#4 doesn't so much for me...not sure, maybe it's just the pose?

In #6 the shadows on her face are a little 'off'...too distracting?

Love your work--hope to see more soon!!!

Cheers for the feedback Artograph,
I wasn't happy with 6 myself because of the shadows but you live and learn.
I wanted to show in 4 that I do more than just glamour, sadly just not very well :lol:

the only thing i wonder:
the first one, on the left side of the pic right next to her head, is there something that was supposed to be there or did you edit it out kinda poorly?
i didnt see it earlier when i looked while at work, but thats because those screens are so poorly calibrated that it all looked dark, but i can see it on mine.

Hi invisibledemon,
I have just had a look at the full resolution version on the photo and I think what you are talking about it strand of hair that had just caught the light.
Well spotted, your eyes must be much better than mine.
I don't edit anything out of photos, if I want to hide something I try to do it with the lights and maybe a bit of level tweaking.

While I do appreciate comments like this as it helps me improve those photos, does anyone have any feedback that may help me improve my future photos?

Tough deal with only one light. You will have to tell us what you were going for. At this point I just see boudoir/glam style. Guess that is fine, but it seems a lot more could be done in this situation.

Love & Bass

I don't know if this will help or not but perhaps if you got one model and kept working with her until you had a large volume of work that you liked you could get a better idea what works and what doesn't. Of course take my words with a grain of salt I've never worked with a model in my life and have never done any real photography of people in general.

A little off topic silverback, but i was looking into shooting some portraits against a black background like you, however i am unsure of what material i should use to make the black background. What type of material is that? Did you just make it your self or did you buy it "special", if that makes any sense?

Thanks,

jwhphoto

Thanks for all the feedback all.
I have had some great feedback from another member so my next set should be better...

jwhphoto,
Made it my self, it is a think cotton muslin ordered from a fabric shop on the net.

Most reactions

Back