NSFW - Full Nudity - Outdoor Model Shoot

I also liked 'wall with vines' the best, but all are very good. Here's my two attepmts:
1 used a draganiser action, adjusting the steps to suit the image to get an 'alabaster' look to her skin and a dark background.
503939764_D5Uzd-L.jpg

2 used a cross process action here for bright contrast and different tone.
503939782_HrAZH-L.jpg

If I was better at PS I would have done some masking and layering, going for a baroque look with the colouring.

I was supposed to reply to this earlier but forgot. Just to say that #1 is absolutely outstanding. The lighting is amazing and brings out the shape of her body so well, the colours are in perfect harmony - all of the reds and browns in the background, towel and helment fit perfectly. The pose and props are very interesting and differ from any 'traditional' nudes I've seen. Was it natural light?

Hi pm63.

Thanks for your comments, it is my favorite, too - for the same reasons you state. I'm proud of the shot because it is one of those times where it really snapped into place as a photographer. I knew the available light from the afternoon March sun was going to look great on that porch. She was using the blanket to stay warm between set-ups, it was only about 6 degrees Celsius (45 Farenheit) but I wanted it in because the colors were the same as the wall but the texture was so different. It looks a lot better as a print than as a JPG.

It helps that I had a generous model who was willing to work under those circumstances. I don't yet have a lot of experience posing people (though I'm comfortable directing) but she was really into my idea (Barbarellaesque space hotty comes to earth to cure her ill pet dinosaur).

Thanks for taking the time.

tree with mask = good and i wouldn't change anything about it.

i would hang it as is.

Ok, so ultimately I went with a highly stylized look - slightly cross-processed, extreme contrast, but lower saturation. I have a number of (downloaded, free) Actions that I work with, and have added and altered them to suit my work.

The look goes well with the surrealistic subject. I suddenly find myself in a community of Nudes photographer at another site, and think this look uniquely suits my style, and my approach to the whole genre. Most of the photographers there are going for the Fine Art look, which just doesn't work for me. I respect it, but I don't respond to it... it simply isn't attractive to me in the context.

And I like crazy props.

16523835.jpg

16523826.jpg

16523775.jpg

You wouldn't be willing to share a link or links to those PS Actions would you?

Woops, sorry, never saw your question. Check out "Editorial" at ATN Central. It's under Image Enhancements and comes bundled with another action, a (lame) Lomo emulator.

Most reactions

Back