NSFW - Lingerie Model

She is lovely.. so are her creations! Nicely shot!

I'm surprised nobody has complained that her toes got chopped off! I don't think it matters since obviously nobody is looking at her feet.

This has a lot to love in it, as has been noted! However, if the goal is to show off the lingerie, it's almost a complete bust. The pose hides a lot of it, although we do get a peek at some parts which might be enough to make the point. The main trouble is that she is SO DRAMATIC, her hair, her makeup, her ink, her pose, that one hardly notices the lingerie. To "market" lingerie you need a kind of balance, sure you're mostly selling the idea of sexy sexy, so there's a lot of girl and sex appeal going on. That's balanced with the actual product though, you want to connect the pretty/sexy idea with the pretty/sexy product.

I'm pretty much YOW LOOKIT THAT HOT CHICK here, and not thinking about the lingerie at all, except insofar as I hope she's going to get rid of it.

That's how it takes me, anyways. Your mileage may vary! A great photo of a hottie, but possibly that's not what you actually want here.

Also, I'm not convinced the shoes work. Brown shoes with pink and black lingerie? Hmm.

amolitor said:
I'm surprised nobody has complained that her toes got chopped off! I don't think it matters since obviously nobody is looking at her feet.

This has a lot to love in it, as has been noted! However, if the goal is to show off the lingerie, it's almost a complete bust. The pose hides a lot of it, although we do get a peek at some parts which might be enough to make the point. The main trouble is that she is SO DRAMATIC, her hair, her makeup, her ink, her pose, that one hardly notices the lingerie. To "market" lingerie you need a kind of balance, sure you're mostly selling the idea of sexy sexy, so there's a lot of girl and sex appeal going on. That's balanced with the actual product though, you want to connect the pretty/sexy idea with the pretty/sexy product.

I'm pretty much YOW LOOKIT THAT HOT CHICK here, and not thinking about the lingerie at all, except insofar as I hope she's going to get rid of it.

That's how it takes me, anyways. Your mileage may vary! A great photo of a hottie, but possibly that's not what you actually want here.

Also, I'm not convinced the shoes work. Brown shoes with pink and black lingerie? Hmm.
Good technical points but I sure as hell didn't notice anything lol.
She's hot.

What if the main target is men looking for a Christmas present for their wife...? I think the image would do the trick... xD

Toes cut off? Ohhh, sorry. My eyes never got down that far. So they are. How about that... now where was I? Oh yeah..

Last edited:
Moliter brought up a few good points. my first thoughts were that if your showing off her lingerie show it off. But i'm guessing you have more photos that show off more of the outfit as well. and hell ive seen jean ads on tv where you never hardly see the jeans, so who am i to talk about that lol.

Im more concerned with the fact that when I first looked at the pic I noticed the fluffy rug and thought " man that's something I need to pick up because I hate shooting on white and having a nice blown out background but having the wrinkly white floor portion showing. and looking at the girl came in second to that thought.

I strongly suspect if you were flat on your back, with one of those shoes planted on your chest... you would not complain about the color! ;)

(Are you going to start adding Fashion Critiques to all posts now? lol!)

lol at some of the comments. Fluffy rug is 100% Sheepskin and feels oh so nice on bare skin! ;) Yes her toes are cut, I would have liked to been able to get all of her in the frame but could not. I have over 200 images of her outfits, this was one that I liked for personal reasons.

One thing I will say about about TPF is that the critique is usually very purist in nature while in the real world, in the portfolio of MANY very well known and respected photographers, you will find less concern for the little things ;) The critique here can be very good and even a well seasoned photographer (which I am not) can stand to listen and learn from it. That said, I feel it equally important to note that it isn't necessary to constrain one's self to such purism and cutting a toe off for the sake of a balanced frame is OK.

This is only my second boudoir/Lingerie session. I've only had lights for a couple of months or so. Thank you for your comments, please don't stop giving me your honest thoughts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back