NSFW - Railway Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyleaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just looking for feedback on angles, shots, lighting, etc....I'm a newbie so I'm hoping to get better with comments/suggestions from the forum.

In general railway stuff is poo pooed upon so perhaps try that in a different setting. People die doing stupid things ( yes stupid) like playing ( thats what your doing) on rail tracks. I'd feel bad for the engineer if he hit her or you.

Those rails are awfully clean to be abandoned. Do you know for a fact it is or did you just assume that it was?

Personally I think it would have looked a lot better in portrait orientation to avoid all those weeds on the sides of the track.

Whatever rocks your boat. You asked for

... feedback on angles, shots, lighting, etc....I'm a newbie so I'm hoping to get better with comments/suggestions from the forum.

which I provided. If you don't want it I couldn't care less.

OMG, that is the great image ever. You should go pro and ignore all C&C that ANYONE tries to give you.

Oh wait, I don't see any photo. But you did ask for feedback. Regardless of the tracks being abandoned or not, it still MAY (I don't know) be trespassing but hey, do what you want. You're the newby and I'm very sure that @SCraig isn't.

another n00b driven off! the system works!

Hey, I took photos on the train tracks and posted on here. Got told the same things he just did above and then some. Still here and trying to contribute to the forum.

If you ask for C&C, have thick skin and know that we aren't your friends and family and tell you that all of your images are great.

...If you ask for C&C, have thick skin and know that we aren't your friends and family and tell you that all of your images are great.
Yep... there are places you can go and everyone will gush and post things like, "Wow... totally the best pic evah!" Shooting on active rail (which the OP admitted these were) is WAY up there on the stupid scale. If he comes back, maybe he can tell us if he knows what a locomotive displaying white flags indicates.

here's how i would have done it

"technically it looks OK, the blur in the weeds on the sides of the track is a little off putting, and i don't like the way the track cuts through the model's neck. exposure looks ok, it's an inetresting composition as this sort o thing goes. after that it reeally depends on what you're trying to accomplish here whether it works or not"

"by the way shooting on active train tracks is somehing the photographic community as a whole is tryng to raise awareness of. often it is trespassing, and it can be dangerous. people are killed literally every year in the usa shooting on train tracks. if you're not aware of the issues, it might serve you will to do a little reearch"

see, you can start from the assumption that the noob is a moron about, well, every aspect of life, or you can not assume that. just sayin.

here's how i would have done it

"technically it looks OK, the blur in the weeds on the sides of the track is a little off putting, and i don't like the way the track cuts through the model's neck. exposure looks ok, it's an inetresting composition as this sort o thing goes. after that it reeally depends on what you're trying to accomplish here whether it works or not"

"by the way shooting on active train tracks is somehing the photographic community as a whole is tryng to raise awareness of. often it is trespassing, and it can be dangerous. people are killed literally every year in the usa shooting on train tracks. if you're not aware of the issues, it might serve you will to do a little reearch"

see, you can start from the assumption that the noob is a moron about, well, every aspect of life, or you can not assume that. just sayin.
That works as well; is there a reason that you didn't post it?

Worth noting is that the first two responses were polite, reasonable responses with which the OP disagreed, and then replied with a rather disparaging comment in which he assumes that those people assumed themselves to be experts. Having been around this forum for a while, I feel safe in assuming that the OP had created what he thought was a great image, and had his pride wounded when it didn't receive glowing praise.

That works as well; is there a reason that you didn't post it?

i don't as a rule do critique

Worth noting is that the first two responses were polite, reasonable responses

that is simply untrue. they were not horrid but they were hectoring argumentative remarks that had nothing to do with the c&c the op was looking for. i believe that you literallt cannot see that but you're simply wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back