Nude inside (please critique)

ShootingYou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my posting debut. Please feel free to comment any aspect of the shot - contrast, composition, etc... Be as brutally honest as you need to be. Thanks.

EmBarn1.jpg

Shot with a Nikon FG on Kodak 400TX film.

I like that it is B&W I don't thing it would work as a color shot IMO.
A few little things:
I would not put her in the center move her to the left side of the shot and down just a little
Some spots look a little blown out but I would not do too much and lose her face. Maybe reflect some light up to her and then you could darken it a tad. Just my 2 cents

ps I see you found out how to post your shots :p

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here's another, shot with the same camera & film. Any thoughts on this one are appreciated. Thanks.

LizBackcopy.jpg

I love the first one. Although I keep wanting to see whats around her more. Zoom out some and put her in the lower left corner. We dont see many artistic nudes around here. Its good to see someone taking that field in here.

I like the second one. Again zoom out some. Or zoomed in up on her shoulders more. Her hand seems to be the strongest point to me.

graigdavis said:
I love the first one. Although I keep wanting to see whats around her more. Zoom out some and put her in the lower left corner.

these are my thoughts exactly.

I always worry about limbs being asymetrical when I see them being posed in a different plane as the rest of the body, but it doesn't seem to be a issue with this photo. You were probably using at least a moderately telephoto lense to compress the dimensions in order to make the pose work.

I think I can see what your objective was with this shot. Were you making a statement of contrasts? There's the harsh hard texture contrasting the soft and supple. There's the white in contrast with the black. There's the sterile chiseled straight lines in contrast with curvacious lines. I'm liking this photo more each time I analyse it. That photo is making a powerful statement. It's only weakness is the crop and the cable/rope leading into her foot. But those are minor tradeoffs compaired to the powerful theme on contrasts.

the Rebel

Thanks for the kind words & encouragement. Actually Rebel, I just used a 50mm lens. I don't even own a telephoto. At any rate, I (unfortunately) can't really crop it much differently. But I'll work on it in the next fews days and post an update. Again, thanks.

Chris

Most reactions

New Topics

Back