Numbering Photo's automatic with software

So did you ever get an answer to your question? I understand exactly what you are trying to do. Its like an inventory method. To bad the "experts" here are not listening to what you are trying to do, but only thinking inside their own box and how you dont want to do it that way. Or ... who wants to carry around a bunch of cards lol.
What you want is a program that starts at the 1st photo saved and reads the barcode if there is one and (renames) numbers the next photos in sequence according to the number read off the barcode. When it sees another barcode it ends that sequence and uses the new number and does it again. You are not taking photos at random but in sequence on purpose. I think a company called wavebid does something similar to what you are asking. But they charge a fee.

The Wavebid product looks interesting, but it looks like it is part of the larger Auctioneer software the company offers and requires uploading the photos to their site.

A couple other options include:
Barcode Edition – foolography
This looks like a very good option if you are using a Nikon camera and you just pay for the hardware/software package.

GET SNAPIZZI
This is similar to the Wavebid where you upload to their site and they process and send to your site, based on a monthly fee.

If your volumen can justify one of those options it looks like the way to go. I also read about a photographer that did birthdays and such and she used a Raspberry Pi in the path of processing the photos, you would have to add a barcode reader.

So did you ever get an answer to your question? I understand exactly what you are trying to do. Its like an inventory method. To bad the "experts" here are not listening to what you are trying to do, but only thinking inside their own box and how you dont want to do it that way. Or ... who wants to carry around a bunch of cards lol.
What you want is a program that starts at the 1st photo saved and reads the barcode if there is one and (renames) numbers the next photos in sequence according to the number read off the barcode. When it sees another barcode it ends that sequence and uses the new number and does it again. You are not taking photos at random but in sequence on purpose. I think a company called wavebid does something similar to what you are asking. But they charge a fee.

Did you check out the wave bid process? You have to have a bar code which you have to make your self then you have to take a photo of the bar code before the group of photos. When you change you have to take a photo of a different bar code that you made before you take the next series of photos, and repeat. Prior to this you have to create and print the bar codes. In the process you must make a reference for each bar code you want, ie, cars, horses, etc. What happens if you see something you don't have a referenced bar code for?

A whole lot of work at the front end to save a few minutes at the back end.

OP there is no autonomous software out there that can do what you want. There is no autonomous hardware at this point either. You can do a whole lot of work to direct some program to do the separation/renaming or you can download the entire content of the shoot, then select the photos of each subject and do a batch edit. The second option is a whole lot easier and less time consuming.

Yes, Yes, Yes that's iT ........
Almost as i imagined, i hate the charge issue. Ian"t there someting else?

Thanx for the ear

Thanx for the ear
The rest of us use LightRoom.

you're just not listening, nor comprehending.
Plus you want something for free that you don't have to program yourself.

If you think there's a demand for such a (free) product, develop it yourself.

Thanx for the ear

What does that have to do with my reaction to someone that exactly knows what i mean?
That was just what i was looking for.
That also was my question in the first place.
And YES i want it for free.
But if i could i would definitely program it myself.
Well maybe there is someone who can help me?

Well.......

Thanx for the ear

What does that have to do with my reaction to someone that exactly knows what i mean?
That was just what i was looking for.
That also was my question in the first place.
And YES i want it for free.
But if i could i would definitely program it myself.
Well maybe there is someone who can help me?

Well.......
Yes, I understood. I used to do the numbering *exactly* (except the scan card) the way you wanted it to. But found it very tedious. When I went to LightRoom the method was superior and much faster; although no free but I was buying it for it's other post processing feature. The library system was just an added bonus.

But you have to start somewhere to learn your process as it'll be an evolution over time.

Most reactions

Back